Place multi-page PDFs

Started by frailer, August 20, 2009, 06:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

May have come up on here before. Tripped over it "somewhere else".

Under Window>Automation>Scripts>Application>Samples>JavaScript. Indy CS3/CS4.

...am wondering whether there might also be a Script for bringing each page in twice, say for spreads. Then another for offsetting LHPs, RHPs...then Export new PDFs to non-spreads. Makes me motivated to try and learn Scripting. But the wheel may have been invented on those ones, maybe. For further investigation.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Detric_1

I know in that script there is a line to offset the page (just look for the line that has (0,0) in it), so you could get it where you'd want to be. I've done that for alot of jobs. Not sure about doing it twice for left side, right side, but theoretically, I'll bet it can be done.

dave
--recycling pixels since 1989--
Indigo 7000 - IGEN 3 - XMPie
These are a few of my favorite things!
twitter: davekrawczuk

almaink

Use step and repeat for multiple versions of a page. There are a few other scripts over on Adobe Studio Exchange too.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

frailer

Quote from: Detric_1 on August 24, 2009, 10:44:14 AMI know in that script there is a line to offset the page (just look for the line that has (0,0) in it), so you could get it where you'd want to be. I've done that for alot of jobs. Not sure about doing it twice for left side, right side, but theoretically, I'll bet it can be done.

dave

Thanks for the positive thoughts on this, Detric_1. That would be something to watch...having that happen on a Script. We get quite a few very printable PDFs, where the only thing wrong is the "spreads disease".. 

Welcome to b4p, too. 

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.