Bleed Box cut-off... or not

Started by frailer, August 13, 2013, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Can someone explain why this image persists in running past the Bleed Box (see shot), Des Layout Panel doesn't fix it. Manually adjusting Page Boxes doesn't see to do it either. OK, the job will go through, but we are sending this one out to 40" presses, and I hate sending untidy stuff out.
Still fiddling, but maybe it's Art Box or summin'     :undecided:

Looking like the image is showing, despite page boxes being correctly in place. (Shot2)

... looks like the Art Box, but no Crop Box I think may be why it runs down, so to speak. If you pull the Art Box back, you seem to lose the white slug area running to the Media Box. Which seems to mask trims as well.  :shrug: It'll work, but still looks untidy.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DCurry

The bleed box doesn't actually crop out or reveal any bleed on its own - it really just defines what the bleed area is for other applications. For instance, if you were to import the PDF into InDesign and in your options tell ID to use the Bleed Box, then whatever is contained within the Bleed Box area is what would show up in InD.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

t-pat

your impo should have options for how much bleed it allows, and should take care of this.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

Yeah, and thanks guys. It wouldn't cause a problem in XMF, as you're saying tpat. It just drove me nuts not being able to adjust it in PitStop. As it turns out, we're now printing initial run. But I wasn't happy about sending it out looking 'messy'. OCD...   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

mattbeals

if you want to "clip the bleed" you'd need to make a rectangle the size of the bleed box, select all, pitstop pro menu -> object menu -> "make mask". But as everyone said, the bleed box is just a logical "area"
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

frailer

Yeah. People must have all sorts of whacky things in their Export Settings, not to mention their Indy docs. Ultimately it was just untidy, really.    :laugh: