HELP !!! live text moving from wireframe to preview mode

Started by Zimmy3, April 29, 2008, 01:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zimmy3

Anyone experience this.....live text moving,when changing from wireframe to preview mode ?

SORRY for the hasty post before investigating first.
Turns out the text box is stroked.
Makes sense now.
Because it feels good !

almaink

Moving where? What version of Illy? CS3 is flakey IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did it there.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Ash

Type on a path is SERIOUSLY broken in all current versions of Illustrator. That last time it worked properly was AI10 (before the text-engine change).

I've seen shifting moving back and forth from preview to outline. Realize that the Preview mode is what will print, no matter what the shift in Outline mode does.
Adobe Certified Expert, Illustrator CS2
Adobe Certified Expert, Illustrator CS3

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Ash on May 12, 2008, 05:34:01 PMType on a path is SERIOUSLY broken in all current versions of Illustrator. That last time it worked properly was AI10 (before the text-engine change).

I've seen shifting moving back and forth from preview to outline. Realize that the Preview mode is what will print, no matter what the shift in Outline mode does.

Interesting... Good to know. I have seen it happen, but had no earthly idea the cause. I just crossed my fingers and plugged my ears and hit "Print", it all worked out, obviously, but knowing makes all the difference!
Member #285 - Civilian

Zimmy3

Quote from: Ash on May 12, 2008, 05:34:01 PMType on a path is SERIOUSLY broken in all current versions of Illustrator. That last time it worked properly was AI10 (before the text-engine change).

If the type is STROKED, then this might be the same cause that mine was doing.
Because it feels good !

almaink

I wonder if it's a video card thing? I've yet to see this in any of the CS versions.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers