News:

Main Menu

Save down?

Started by frailer, May 15, 2008, 05:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Is there a Save-down for Illy? Sorta like .inx in Indy? Client requesting a CS2-friendly file to be "re-supplied" back to them.   :rolleyes:    :huh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Ear

Save as EPS, at that point you can choose the compatibility.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

Thanks, E. Was sorta sussing in that direction, but nice to get a "second opinion".    :cool:

BTW, these days, would you choose PostScript Level 2, or 3?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Hmmm, the only thing that suffered was the keyline "cross". It got thickened considerably. I'll go back and play with settings, but maybe an unavoidable casualty of saving back?    :huh:

Ear

Wow, weird with the keylines! I have seen that before but cant remember what the deal is.  :huh:

I would go with postscript 3, all current rips and ps printers recognize it and it does a much better job with gradients in terms of not banding. I am sure there are a lot more features to ps3 but it is late in the afternoon and my brain is getting a little mushy.  :wink:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

OK. Here is a screenshot of halfway through the fix, [of the stroke weight], in the Save As PDF, [with Illy Editing Capabilities]. All good.

But the client either:
-should be warned of the flaw in the EPS, or
-just give them the [fixed] CS2 compatible Illy PDF, which they can do whatever with in Illy CS2.

Thanks for your realtime support!   :grin:

I've got a "more recent post" warning, but am gonna chuck this one in anyway...    :cheesy:

frailer

Well, PDFs burned to CD and awaiting pickup. Only proviso in this seems to be that when they go to open the side with the stroke weight fix, they will get a warning saying stuff has been amended outside Illy. [in this case PitStop]. They will need to check "Retain Changes", but will then be warned that it may reduce the editing capabilities. [How much this limits "Editing Capabilities I've no idea at this stage, but maybe should endeavour to find out.

I've written this on the outside of the disk, FWIW.

An odd one this, cos they supplied the job themselves in CS3. They must be re-purposing somewhere else where they only have CS2. Just guessing. But why up to us to do this for them? Par for the course, often, I guess.    :rolleyes:

Ash

Why bother with EPS?

Save as.. choose Adobe Illustrator file, then in the second dialog choose Illustrator CS2.

No need to use a flat file format like EPS.
Adobe Certified Expert, Illustrator CS2
Adobe Certified Expert, Illustrator CS3

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Ash on May 15, 2008, 08:57:29 PMWhy bother with EPS?

Save as.. choose Adobe Illustrator file, then in the second dialog choose Illustrator CS2.

No need to use a flat file format like EPS.

yea..   Ash is right here.   :ninja:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

frailer

Yeah...Save As,...change the file name, comes up with a new dialogue box...of course.  :rolleyes:

It's all incremental learnin'    :cheesy:

beermonster

or age........ :tongue:

eh frailer :wink:

heehee
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

frailer

Quote from: beermonster on May 16, 2008, 02:44:13 AMor age........ :tongue:

eh frailer :wink:

heehee

Yeah, well...better you say it... :laugh: