Plug ins for IllCS2

Started by Zimmy3, June 26, 2008, 08:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zimmy3

Anyone know of a  plug in for CS2 which will put centers/register marks on a object........

meaning if I have a die and want to generate centers/register marks I would select the die only and..........BAM....there's my marks.

Thanks in Advance.
Because it feels good !

almaink

Try selecting the objects then go to Filter/Create/ Crop marks... You would need to make your own registration Marks tho
or buy this
http://illustrator.pluginsworld.com/plugins/adobe/663/triple-triangle-inc/crop-cubed.html

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

beermonster

packaging here too zim

i've a library of marks that you can just drag and drop on - fairly simple - but prolly not exactly what you want

i have a feeling part of the scope stuff from esko has something for that - all that stuff is illy plug ins too - have a gander at that
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Zimmy3

Quote from: beermonster on June 26, 2008, 09:37:47 AMpackaging here too zim

i've a library of marks that you can just drag and drop on - fairly simple - but prolly not exactly what you want

i have a feeling part of the scope stuff from esko has something for that - all that stuff is illy plug ins too - have a gander at that

Yea......I can do it with 2 mouse clicks in ArtPro.
We have deskpack tools for Illy but I need something fairly cheap for our in house Design Studio people(12 of em).
They are creating the master dies.
They can't seem to get the maks centered,doing it by hand.(Not all are wrong but you never know when)

Thanx.
Because it feels good !

beermonster

how about making a template in illy that has everythin on it except the die/cutter - centre marks, reg marks, lay edge etc etc.

once the cutter is made copy it, open said template, paste into new layer and save out - all the hard work been done in making the original template - you/they can just worry about the die

jezza

Or even, use the New From Template command under the file menu. Keep all the marks etc on a locked separate layer. Hey Presto!
one sick prepress mofo

Zimmy3

Quote from: beermonster on June 27, 2008, 03:13:29 AMhow about making a template in illy that has everythin on it except the die/cutter - centre marks, reg marks, lay edge etc etc.

That's what we have now but, these are desingers......they can't seem to put a mark on the center of an object by hand,consistantly.

So if the program does it.....I know for sure they ARE IN CENTER.
Because it feels good !

almaink

I already looked there nothing. Well just the Crop Cube plug-in that IMO is just what he's looking for. I get files from many large agency's that use it.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

Zimmy3

Quote from: almaink on June 27, 2008, 07:43:38 AMI already looked there nothing. Well just the Crop Cube plug-in that IMO is just what he's looking for. I get files from many large agency's that use it.

Thanks Al,

Does Crop Cubed do centers/registration marks also ?

The description says:   Crop Cubed creates crop and fold marks as an integral part of building your collateral.

I don't really need  crop and fold marks,I need centers/registration for any selected object.
Because it feels good !

almaink

No idea as the web page doesn't take you to Cropped Cube anymore. It goes to Mechanical Cube and thats an InDesign plugin. You could try emailing them or a phone call. Contact info is on the web page.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

beermonster

we actually have cad/artios for cutter guides/dies - i'm pretty sure you could get most anything done there maybe?

Zimmy3

Quote from: almaink on June 27, 2008, 08:07:04 AMNo idea as the web page doesn't take you to Cropped Cube anymore. It goes to Mechanical Cube and thats an InDesign plugin. You could try emailing them or a phone call. Contact info is on the web page.

Actually, I just did that ..........Thanks.

here's a reply:

No, we don't have anything that would help you there.

Thanks,
Chris

Because it feels good !

almaink

Well that sucks. Perhaps create an action of your own then. They are recordable...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110