Looking for a "fancy certificate" frame like what Quark used to generate

Started by Fontaholic, November 27, 2012, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fontaholic

Hey everyone,

I am looking for an Illustrator .EPS version of a "fancy certificate" frame -- preferably as close to the one that Quark Xpress used to generate as possible!

It's for (you guessed it) a gift certificate that will fit in a #10 envelope, so it doesn't need to be hugely tall or anything.

Any and all help would be vastly appreciated!   :embarrassed:

Thanks in advance,
John

Skryber

I don't know what Quack used to generate but here's a bunch of certificate elements and frames I have laying around. Hope it helps!

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/dbHhZCRfdWqe5ASt%2FvyeLg

There are 2 downloads!
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Joe

Quote from: Skryber on November 27, 2012, 04:21:11 PMI don't know what Quack used to generate but here's a bunch of certificate elements and frames I have laying around. Hope it helps!

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/dbHhZCRfdWqe5ASt%2FvyeLg

There are 2 downloads!

And now they are mine too! Thanks! :laugh:

:thumbsup:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

t-pat

not sure if you've looked but there are some certificate borders built into illy, they're under brushes/borders. Nothing as ugly as the quack one though.

If you want the actual quark border I could be persuaded to save one out as an eps.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

JCPenfold

Speaking of certificate borders, this place I just started at uses Fortuna for creating borders. The person I replaced was gone before I got here, and since it's for security printing there are no web tutorials. Trying to teach myself, but just wondering if anyone here had ever used it.

Thanks,
JC

Fontaholic

Quote from: t-pat on November 27, 2012, 05:42:30 PMnot sure if you've looked but there are some certificate borders built into illy, they're under brushes/borders. Nothing as ugly as the quack one though.

If you want the actual quark border I could be persuaded to save one out as an eps.

*using powers of persuasion*

Pretty please??  :cry:

Cheers, John

Fontaholic

For that matter, does anyone know why InDesign has never duplicated/replicated the border options of Quark Xpress?

They're not the prettiest things in the world, I know, but sometimes I miss the "maze border" and the fancy border options that Quark has.  Plus, it makes updating these sorts of borders when I'm converting old Quark files to InDesign files, I big pain in the arse!

Cheers, John

t-pat

Quote from: opsprinting on November 28, 2012, 07:29:32 AM
Quote from: t-pat on November 27, 2012, 05:42:30 PMnot sure if you've looked but there are some certificate borders built into illy, they're under brushes/borders. Nothing as ugly as the quack one though.

*using powers of persuasion*

Pretty please??  :cry:

Cheers, John

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9115277/quackborder.eps

let me know if you want it a different size or something. It is, by nature of quack's lameness, raster.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Slappy

Quote from: opsprinting on November 28, 2012, 08:43:38 AMFor that matter, does anyone know why InDesign has never duplicated/replicated the border options of Quark Xpress?

They're not the prettiest things in the world, I know, but sometimes I miss the "maze border" and the fancy border options that Quark has.  Plus, it makes updating these sorts of borders when I'm converting old Quark files to InDesign files, I big pain in the arse!

Cheers, John
I'd imagine with the advent of better tools for creating your own in Illy (and *gasp* Freehand!) they just didn't feel the need to add it into InDesign. I bet there are tutorials around if you're serious about making truly "custom" versions.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Slappy

Oh yeah, anybody remember the Blanks™ forms you could run through copiers & duplicators? I found a pack of their Certificate borders not too long ago in a box at home, and actually used them at the last place to run some Participation Certificates for a group of kids they had tour the plant!   :laugh:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

gnubler

As ancient as the drawers full of negs & stripping material I found today. Anyone need some dylux?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david