How to trigger Kodak RBA Stop Outputting Plate

Started by harimaukuatkuat, May 21, 2018, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harimaukuatkuat

Hi There,

Can someone advise me on how to use RBA to reject/stop the outputting of plate when these is file left at the Kodak Workshop > Pages > Unassigned? Thanks in advance.

Joe

Do you mean you don't want Prinergy to be able to output plates if there are unassigned pages in it via RBA?

Set your trigger to 'Page Set Full'. It will never fire until all page positions are assigned.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

harimaukuatkuat

Hi Joe,

Greetings. Yes. Correct. I want the Prinergy to stop all the activity such as, output proof, impose PDF and plate.
When there is file at the Unassigned.

Sometime, my people will missed-out to delete the page at the unassigned column. Is there any way to stop the output by using RBA when there is file at the Unassigned?

Joe

The only way I can see to make it happen is to start the output by running an RBA with the 'Page Set Full' trigger which is less than ideal if you don't want all of those actions to start as soon as the last page is assigned. If you are manually starting the output for each of those actions there is nothing in RBA that I see that will check if the page set has unassigned pages and then to stop the output.

In the Prinergy administrator you can change a setting to not allow output if it has rejected pages or if all pages are not approved but there is nothing there for checking if all pages are assigned. You might try checking the box for "Only output surfaces or separations if all pages approved" and see if it does what you need. I would assume if a page is not assigned it would mean it is not approved and prevent output. But you would need to check it to verify if it actually works that way.

johnny_jay

I think you could also have a manual rule to output that could do a check to make sure all positions are filled, it could be a split that would see it all positions are filled and then if not, you could have it send an email that you tried to output a plate with missing positions.

I would have to play with it to see if I could write it. I have learned over the years that with RBA, the things that sound simple are the hardest to get to work.

We also have in place what Joe suggested, if a page is not approved, final output will fail. It has been a lifesaver.

John
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

Quote from: johnny_jay on May 22, 2018, 08:25:42 AMI think you could also have a manual rule to output that could do a check to make sure all positions are filled, it could be a split that would see it all positions are filled and then if not, you could have it send an email that you tried to output a plate with missing positions.

I would have to play with it to see if I could write it. I have learned over the years that with RBA, the things that sound simple are the hardest to get to work.

We also have in place what Joe suggested, if a page is not approved, final output will fail. It has been a lifesaver.

John

Does it make it fail if a page is just not assigned and all assigned pages are approved?

As far as I can see there isn't any actions that checks if a page set is full or has unassigned pages. So I am guessing one would need to write their own code for that. I'm the wrong person to try that. :D

johnny_jay

No, if pages are unassigned, it will still output. Every once in a while we have blank pages.

I was thinking something like the screen shot below. It would need to be a split or filter.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

Ah yes....they would need to have this RBA to start the final output and fail if the pageset isn't full. But if they aren't using RBA to do the output I don't think there is a way to create an RBA to monitor all output to check for pagesets being full.

harimaukuatkuat

Quote from: johnny_jay on May 22, 2018, 02:10:40 PMNo, if pages are unassigned, it will still output. Every once in a while we have blank pages.

I was thinking something like the screen shot below. It would need to be a split or filter.

Thanks Johnny. I will try on this. Have a nice day.  :)

johnny_jay

Quote from: Joe on May 22, 2018, 03:22:46 PMAh yes....they would need to have this RBA to start the final output and fail if the pageset isn't full. But if they aren't using RBA to do the output I don't think there is a way to create an RBA to monitor all output to check for pagesets being full.

You are correct. We set up rules for final output that also sends a proof to the correct folder. Works pretty good for us and our team.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert