Fonts in a PowerPoint file

Started by DigiCorn, November 14, 2019, 11:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Is it possible to tell what the font is supposed to be in a Power Point file? I got one to produce as a sign job for our sign shop, and it previews in Mac OS as a serif'd font, but Zamzar converts it to Courier (technically serif'd, but the preview looks more like Times), and when I open it in PowerPoint it changes to Verdana. I have no screenshot and no printout or pdf to compare to.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Hmm, it says to report to Microsoft :laugh:

this article says if you make a pdf and look at document properties you will see the subbed font

https://www.indezine.com/products/powerpoint/learn/textandfonts/find-substituted-fonts.html

mc hristel

Since the file can't seem to decide what font it wants to be, maybe you can choose whatever you like!

It does seem to be a serif font though, so comic sans is not going to be an option.  :(

Tracy

DigiCorn

Turns out to be the fonts I got online from Google fonts (see that thread). Cormorant Garamond and Montserrat.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway