Xposed Framework Android

Started by Farabomb, September 08, 2014, 02:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Was playing around with the android devices this weekend and came across Xposed Framework. The basic idea behind it to to be able to easily modify aspects of your ROM without .apk editing and other things that may be above and beyond the normal user.

I linked the main XDA thread but the long and short of it is you install the Xposed Framework (make a nandroid backup anytime you start playing with your phone. Just in case things go wonky.) and reboot. Then you can go through the module repository and see what mods might interest you. You DL those .apks, install them and then activate them through Xposed Framework. Some have user interfaces so you can do a little deeper, some just do what they say on the tin. You don't need Root for a lot of them more some require root.

Basically is you want to play around with your phone without the risk of major issues, this is a good place to start.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

delooch

ill check this out.. just went back to cyanagen mod on the galaxy2. they have made it literally a one-click web install, no more fucking around with odin.

still lovin the cyanogen build.. the latest thing i found is the "spycam" mode built into the quick-access tiles. not that i use it much, but lately, with the goings on at work, i find myself turning on the sound voice recorder app everytime i have a discussion with "management"