Anyone using Adobe CC

Started by RMPrepress, July 24, 2013, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Designia(o_O)

Quote from: Farabomb on August 15, 2014, 02:08:37 PMUmm, that makes perfect sense in an office environment. Every user needs a license.

Adobe is being nice by letting you install on 2 separate computers, one being at work and one being at home.

You new to the whole computer software thing?

Ummm nope.I had a my license at the shop and at home and if I wasn't at the shop people were on my computer. That's why I was questioning it, I ran it simultaneously. And Adobe is never nice.

Farabomb

I agree, I'm not a fan of adobe but they are bring nice by allowing it to be on 2 computers at the same time. PS used to the the most pirated software on the internet for a long time. I'm surprised they didn't lock it down.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Designia(o_O)

They are giving away CS2.
God I remember swiping Quark 3  by loading it onto a floppy disk.

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on August 15, 2014, 02:33:10 PMI agree, I'm not a fan of adobe but they are bring nice by allowing it to be on 2 computers at the same time. PS used to the the most pirated software on the internet for a long time. I'm surprised they didn't lock it down.

Quark lets you do that too. Just an FYI. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Tracy

I had to call adobe to help me install, It wanted to update instead of install
He had me download Google Chrome so it would download faster
It installed in minutes, just fyi

Possum

Oh, so now Adobe is in cahoots with Google? We're Doomed!
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

If you try to download Flash it tries to convince you download Chrome too.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

After all the slowness of firefart I went to chrome and never looked back.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

WTF is up with Flash nowadays, anyway? Why can't it just update itself - why do I have to download it, close all browsers and install?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

richertim

We upgraded to CC last year but still maintain all previous versions on our systems to accommodate any files we are sent. This year with the CC 2014 we have to upgrade our OS from Snow Leopard to Lion in order to use it. We did this with one system so far and it buggered our Preps 5.3 as Lion no longer supports the PPC programs. Now we have to upgrade Preps... so the arduous climb out of the software dark ages begins...

Farabomb

Since I'm never given the time needed to learn any new software I will be dragged kicking and screaming up that upgrade path.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Quote from: Possum on August 19, 2014, 11:45:49 AM
Oh, so now Adobe is in cahoots with Google? We're Doomed!

Yes, we are, and so is Adobe. I cancelled two licenses today blaming it on coronavirus and Adobe let them go without a fight! Win!

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david