Inserting Video in InDesign

Started by Sabrina The Turd Polisher, June 29, 2011, 09:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

I've got a VOC file that I need insert into an Interactive PDF.  :cry:
I know I've got to convert the VOC first. What software should I use? Any suggestions?
Front what I understand I need to convert the VOC to a SWF file first before I insert it.
(I'm so much better inserting other things.)  :laugh:

Remember, I'm a Win7 Pro-64 bit user.

And I'm such a newbie with video. HALP and THX.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

what kind of interactive pdf?
Just to play the one video?
what version of Acrobat do you have?

I don't have Win 7 or 64 bit, so not much help there.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Quote from: david on June 29, 2011, 10:38:57 AMwhat kind of interactive pdf?
Just to play the one video?

what version of Acrobat do you have?

I don't have Win 7 or 64 bit, so not much help there.
Yes, just need to play this one video. There will be text and a couple of other graphics. It's supposed to be an "electronic teaser" for this festival.
I am running Acrobat Pro9.
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: Sabrina The Turd Polisher on June 29, 2011, 09:10:53 AMI've got a VOC file that I need insert into an Interactive PDF.  :cry:
I know I've got to convert the VOC first. What software should I use? Any suggestions?
Front what I understand I need to convert the VOC to a SWF file first before I insert it.
(I'm so much better inserting other things.)  :laugh:

Remember, I'm a Win7 Pro-64 bit user.

And I'm such a newbie with video. HALP and THX.

Isn't a VOC file just an audio file (no video)?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

yepper, sure is.

Sabrina, have you watched this "video"?
Livin' la Vida Loca

delooch

i was looking into this... .voc files are a strange breed (like getting a pap file when you ask for a pdf). gonna have to convert that thing to something usable to digest into .swf first

goog searches pulls up "questionable" applications for file conversion.. i wouldnt trust them. gonna poke around my PC at lunch, theres a ton of conversion crap on there which i hardly use.

prolly gonna have to ask whoever gave you that .voc to see if their "player" can save it to some other common format

Yeah, it's really a bunch of stills with Ken Burns zoom effects, and stupid music from Edwain McCain. Comes from a local TV station. I downloaded the VLC Media Player and it has converting abilities, but Adobe doesn't like any of the formats, even though there's MPG, MP3, OOG.

Joe

Must be a special kind of VOC file. If you can get it into a file type you can upload to youtube there are plenty of apps out there that will save it from youtube back to SWF. Also you might try opening it in Adobe Flash and save it out as SWF.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Quote from: Joe on June 29, 2011, 11:00:33 AMMust be a special kind of VOC file. If you can get it into a file type you can upload to youtube there are plenty of apps out there that will save it from youtube back to SWF. Also you might try opening it in Adobe Flash and save it out as SWF.
Just have flash player and Adobe Media Player.

Joe

You don't have Creative Suite which has the actual Flash application?

David

how big is it (mb)?
small enough for email (under 5mb)? I got FTP if not.
I might have something here to convert it for you.

Livin' la Vida Loca

Quote from: Joe on June 29, 2011, 11:08:34 AMYou don't have Creative Suite which has the actual Flash application?
No, just have "production" or whatever. Boss didn't want to spend $$$ on "all that web stuff" since we really don't use it. (yet)

David

I have CS5 with Dreamweaver, Flash and all the other crap.

Livin' la Vida Loca