Advanced Preflight Settings

Started by Farabomb, March 08, 2012, 11:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

After an issue I got a little spooked and started looking into the advanced preflight that comes with Prinergy. I haven't been using it before and I'd like to fine tune it so I can lessen the false positives and return only the info I really need. I'm real wary of using the auto fixes but I think they can help if set up correctly.

Are you using the advanced settings or just the standard? If using the advanced what are your settings? I'm worried about the just the major ones now, the little ones are for later after I get to where I'm comfortable with the results.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I'll send you our profile when I get to work later. We do use the advanced and a couple of fixups but nothing major. Got burned early on using a fixup to fix hairlines. Made them about the thickness of a 2 x 4. Customer was not pleased.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

:lmao:

I have it to thicken thin lines in the normal preflight and it was always in the back of my mind but I've never heard of any complaints from customers.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Greg_Firestone

My fav are the files where the "artist" vectorized their 10pt and 12pt type and then added a .1 pt stroke to them for a more bold look. Looks like someone sat and smooshed all the letters when the strokes are bumped up to a .25 pt.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on March 08, 2012, 11:56:53 AM:lmao:

I have it to thicken thin lines in the normal preflight and it was always in the back of my mind but I've never heard of any complaints from customers.
Thauthy!  :lmao:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway