Anyone using Adobe CC

Started by RMPrepress, July 24, 2013, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Yeah...we are fighting the good fight. Just like General Custer. With about the same result it feels like on some days.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

hotmetal

Quote from: Joe on August 06, 2014, 09:48:44 PMYeah...we are fighting the good fight. Just like General Custer. With about the same result it feels like on some days.

Looks pretty grim to me. Also doesn't look like they'll get a clue anytime soon.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

Farabomb

It almost sounds like you need 2 Macs now in order to run CC. One to not update and have working and another to test out the "updates".

Thanks Adobe!
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on August 07, 2014, 08:11:22 AMIt almost sounds like you need 2 Macs now in order to run CC. One to not update and have working and another to test out the "updates".

Thanks Adobe!
We are probably going to have to do this later to run newer files; last Mac CC 2014 job I got, I ended up having to install CC 2014 on Windows, and then save it down to CC 2013 to work the file on Mac. It's either that or buy a new Mac workstation, and then buy a new RIP because in all likelihood, Rampage won't run on Yosemite. And then we'll probably have to upgrade Preps too, if our new RIP doesn't impose. It never ends.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

I can't seem to save this file down to cs6 (we have cc on a pc on one of the "families" computers)

can someone save this to cs6 for me?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62122709/Lichens.indd

Tracy

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

richertim

Quote from: Joe on August 06, 2014, 06:04:40 PMLucky me! Photoshop CC2014 crashes at launch every time starting today. Deleting prefs or rebooting did not help. I suppose I will have to re-install the whole damn CC2014 to get it working again. You suck Adobe!

I had a similar issue when we first went to the Adobe CC with Illustrator. It turned out to be a font issue... Verdana I believe or Tahoma that needed to be on your system or in Font Fusion if you use that. After I made it permanent in Font Fusion my Adobe CC stopped crashing on launch up.

Joe

Welcome to the forum richertim...and thanks for the reply.

I found last night it is being caused on my machine by the latest update of Photoshop CC 2014.1.0. I uninstalled Photoshop and re-installed it and it worked fine until I did that update again. My co-worker updated and his is fine. I booted into Yosemite and the update works fine there. So I booted back into Mavericks and created a new user account and it works fine there. Back in my user account if I delete the folder in my Preferences named "Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 Settings" and launch the updated Photshop it works fine but after closing Photoshop and restarting it...it crashes again.

Since it is confined to this one user account it might be a font. I will mess with that tonight. Thanks for the idea.

maxpower

to save me figuring it out myself because I am lazy, is the new CC a rent per month thing? We are still back in version 5.5, only because we dont do design, we just take "Print Ready"  :huh:  PDFs.

Joe

Yes it is. Regular pricing is $50 per month per user or if you upgrade it is $30 per month per user for the first year and then goes up to $50 per month per user after that.

maxpower

does the same apply for acrobat pro?

Joe

No you can still buy it separately (boxed with a DVD too I think) but it is included if you buy rent the whole CC package.

Tracy

I think I'm going to download the CC before I go home today
so Am I right in thinking I'm ok with CC on  Lion 10.7.5?