News:

Main Menu

What font is this?

Started by DCurry, November 14, 2012, 08:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Can anyone identify this font, or something similar? I uploaded it to WhatTheFont and it couldn't come up with anything close.

It's only for a barcode, but the one I scanned this from is really old and I need to redo it. It's a job for the government so I need to match as close as humanly possible.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

StudioMonkey

Looked on MyFonts.com and came up with these:

Ticketing
Mono Neox
PF DIN Mono Medium
Monofaked
Albedo BV
CA Monodon Bold
Some Assembly

None of these fonts is bang on but one or two are pretty close.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DCurry

Quote from: StudioMonkey on November 14, 2012, 09:01:05 AMLooked on MyFonts.com and came up with these:

How did you come up with those? I submitted my scan and it gave me nothing that looked close.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Chuckls

I need help with this font. The way the numbers are baseline shifted is throwing me off.
Thanks in advance.

andyfest

Could be a version of Times (Roman Small Caps and Old Style Figures).
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

StudioMonkey

Quote from: Chuckls on November 14, 2012, 01:10:20 PMI need help with this font. The way the numbers are baseline shifted is throwing me off.
Thanks in advance.

Looks like Georgia to me

StudioMonkey

Quote from: DCurry on November 14, 2012, 09:34:05 AM
Quote from: StudioMonkey on November 14, 2012, 09:01:05 AMLooked on MyFonts.com and came up with these:

How did you come up with those? I submitted my scan and it gave me nothing that looked close.

I searched for tags matching OCR, Receipt, Monospaced in various combinations

Fontaholic

Quote from: Chuckls on November 14, 2012, 01:10:20 PMI need help with this font. The way the numbers are baseline shifted is throwing me off.
Thanks in advance.

Looks like good ol' Georgia to me...  :cheesy:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Fontaholic

For DCurry --

This font preview just arrived in my emailbox today, thought it might be a close match to what you were looking for, since it's designed to emulate a cash register receipt type of look:

http://www.fonts.com/font/dmtr-org/arame?utm_source=NBS-Nov-2012&utm_medium=image&utm_content=NBS-Nov-2012arame&utm_campaign=Newsletter#product_top

DCurry

I wound up using Osaka-Mono. It was already on my system and we didn't want to have to buy something.  Thanks for the help, everyone!

gnubler

Mystery font. Any ideas? WTF comes up with nothing close. :kiss:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Grimace

Quote from: gnubler on December 03, 2012, 12:46:14 PMMystery font. Any ideas? WTF comes up with nothing close. :kiss:
Flipping mystery, it looks like a common one, but I couldn't find nothing, and the image is too low rez to do anything with. I can't even find a web site bout that name.

If you can separate out the characters a bit and try WTF again, it get better results. Good luck.

gnubler

WTF read the characters okay but came up with nothing close. I found a pay font online called Manuel Pro that was similar but not worth the effort. I used Eras and created outlines and kinda retraced. Crap in, crap out!

Fontaholic

Quote from: gnubler on December 03, 2012, 09:35:41 PMWTF read the characters okay but came up with nothing close. I found a pay font online called Manuel Pro that was similar but not worth the effort. I used Eras and created outlines and kinda retraced. Crap in, crap out!

It looks like Handel Gothic (or some variation/knockoff of it) to me...