Belkin p.o.s. router

Started by andyfest, July 08, 2012, 06:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

I have a Belkin F6D4230-4 v1 wireless router that I use at home. I went to change the password by connecting directly to the router with my browser. The resulting screen was fragmented and didn't show the login button or any of the left side menus that deal with connection and security. To make matters worst, I reset the f$&@/! thing to factory settings, so I lost all of my username/ password setting for my ISP. I can't seem to find a download for the setup software either. Any ideas before I go out and buy a new one. It worked fine before I started playing with it.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Slappy

You just want access to the router admin settings? If so, leave the password field as he Default, empty, hit Submit then set a new one.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

That model has a default password of none. Not the word none but there is no password. The default IP address is 192.168.2.1. It will revert back to those settings when you restore it to the factory defaults. So if your networked computers are not in that range you will not be able to login back into the router until you change the IP address of one of your computers into that address range. For example, change one computers IP address to 192.168.2.2, then enter 192.168.2.1 into your browsers address bar and Login to your router, change the IP address of the router back to what you want, for example, 192.168.1.1. You will then lose access to the router on the computer you are using so change that computer back to it's original address like 192.168.1.2. Everything should work after that.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

andyfest

Thanks guys - up and running now! :grin:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro