Print '09 in Chicago

Started by Stiv, May 23, 2009, 02:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattbeals

Charles James from Quite is a great guy outside of the imposition world. As a imposition salesman he's great. The power of Quite Imposing and Quite Hot imposing is very underestimated.

I'll be there the whole show at the Crossroads booth if anyone would like to stop by and say hello or if you're interested in a demo of Callas, Elpical, DMP or a few others.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Skryber

The show was pretty good this year. I was hoping to see an inline foiler at the ManRoland block but they still didn't bring one in. The press sheets are there but nothing running. Jerry was digging the KDA presses which look very similar to the ManRolands. I had never seen one until today.
I sat through a color management seminar and I couldn't believe how many people have never heard of G7.
Fuji had a cool setup and helped me with my wide format issues.
So who went, and how did you like it?
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

frailer

Quote from: Skryber on August 13, 2009, 08:54:28 AMI'm going to ask the Man if he'll let me go to a Taz Tally seminar.

His lyndadotcom tutes are great.  Closest I'll get.    :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

G_Town

Quote from: Skryber on September 14, 2009, 11:02:57 PMThe show was pretty good this year. I was hoping to see an inline foiler at the ManRoland block but they still didn't bring one in. The press sheets are there but nothing running. Jerry was digging the KDA presses which look very similar to the ManRolands. I had never seen one until today.
I sat through a color management seminar and I couldn't believe how many people have never heard of G7.

What's G7?

Hopefully I'll buy you and Jer a beer next year.

Skryber

Quote from: frailer on September 15, 2009, 02:39:51 AM
Quote from: Skryber on August 13, 2009, 08:54:28 AMI'm going to ask the Man if he'll let me go to a Taz Tally seminar.

His lyndadotcom tutes are great.  Closest I'll get.    :laugh:

I didn't even ask. I did ask, however, for an Inca Onset flatbed press. $160,000. He wants one too!!!!  :grin:
Quote from: G_Town on September 15, 2009, 07:02:56 AM
Quote from: Skryber on September 14, 2009, 11:02:57 PMThe show was pretty good this year. I was hoping to see an inline foiler at the ManRoland block but they still didn't bring one in. The press sheets are there but nothing running. Jerry was digging the KDA presses which look very similar to the ManRolands. I had never seen one until today.

What's G7?

Hopefully I'll buy you and Jer a beer next year.

Sweetness.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

indy jones

Hey there Skryber did you check out the new Idealink with Curve2 software for G7. Also have you heard any talk of G7 Extreme?

Falstaff

I would kill for G7 training and certification.

That said, there is a G7 certified printer near me that is 100% crap. How the heck they got certified I'll never know.

indy jones

They might have been certified, but not using process control to keep them in spec.

Skryber

I did not. Tomorrow I'll tell you which company I was talking to about G7. I forgot the name and my literature is at work. The brochure looked like a Betty Crocker cookbook. We are G7 certified.

G_Town

Quote from: Skryber on September 15, 2009, 05:19:31 PMI did not. Tomorrow I'll tell you which company I was talking to about G7. I forgot the name and my literature is at work. The brochure looked like a Betty Crocker cookbook. We are G7 certified.

So are we by GATF/PIA it really isn't any difference than any other spec (same processes different target).

I will say it has turned out much better then I anticipated.