Computer speakers

Started by gnubler, March 22, 2011, 08:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youston

Quote from: Skryber on March 23, 2011, 11:55:54 AMKlipsch is hands down the best speakers next to JBL but I never see either of those for home computer speakers. I get everything from Microcenter and about a year ago I was looking for new speakers and found that the Bose sounded the best. I have Logitech now and they are very nice. I've had them for about 10-11 years and they still work. The sub is a 2 foot cube.

Skryber, I don't remember where my wife got that Klipsch system (it was a bday present), but it was probably at one of the big box electronics stores (Best Buy, etc.). The setup I had was 1 subwoofer, 2 desktop speakers. They also had a 4-desktop/1 subwoofer system, but she said it was waaayyyy too much. The one she ended up getting for me was around $250, I think.

They were awesome ... boot up the mac, the windows would rattle and the upstairs neighbors would get all pissed.  :evil:

Farabomb

The first time I ever encountered Klipsch was when I was lusting after their 5.1 PC system probably 8-10 years ago. Think it was around $500 and since I always had a decent home system I managed to always hook it up through there. Seems they have gone away from the PC end and only offer 2.1 systems. All I need to do is find a used sub that has plain wire hookup and takes a optical signal I can put my Cambridge Soundworks cubes back into use on the PC.

Klipsch Linky
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

youston

Quote from: Farabomb on March 23, 2011, 12:54:56 PMThe first time I ever encountered Klipsch was when I was lusting after their 5.1 PC system probably 8-10 years ago. Think it was around $500 and since I always had a decent home system I managed to always hook it up through there. Seems they have gone away from the PC end and only offer 2.1 systems. All I need to do is find a used sub that has plain wire hookup and takes a optical signal I can put my Cambridge Soundworks cubes back into use on the PC.

Klipsch Linky

ProMedia 2.1 -- that's what I had. Freaking awesome. Miss them.  :cry:

frailer

Only one problem with all the above is... if gnubler spends > $50 I'll     :faint:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

I'll just wait for one of my "manic, impulsive" days to buy them.

I'm liking youston's mention of rattling windows and annoyed neighbors.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Ear

Quote from: gnubler on March 23, 2011, 02:11:47 PMI'll just wait for one of my "manic, impulsive" days to buy them.

I'm liking youston's mention of rattling windows and annoyed neighbors.

Buy a drum set or electric bass. Muy ruido.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Yeah, you prolly wouldn't believe me if I said I've been looking through craigslist lately for a cheap drum set. Mostly I just want to bang the shit out of something.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Ear

Quote from: gnubler on March 24, 2011, 02:43:13 PMYeah, you prolly wouldn't believe me if I said I've been looking through craigslist lately for a cheap drum set. Mostly I just want to bang the shit out of something.

Ya, me too... probably why I have so many kids.  :rolleyes:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on March 24, 2011, 02:43:13 PMI've been looking through craigslist... I just want to bang the shit out of something.
It's the "Casual Encounters" section. Enjoy.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: DigiSig on March 24, 2011, 03:21:52 PM
Quote from: gnubler on March 24, 2011, 02:43:13 PMI've been looking through craigslist... I just want to bang the shit out of something.
It's the "Casual Encounters" section. Enjoy.
Heh
Heh
Heh
but don't you do enough head banging at work?
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Heh heh heh. She said "head." LOL.

One of us.

One of us.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler