Enfocus announces PitStop 2017

Started by Joe, March 08, 2017, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: DPSprint on July 16, 2017, 05:52:06 PMarrrrggghhhhhh acrobat and pitstop are driving me to the nuthouse today.

I think i have restarted the software 20 times now, cannot get the selection tool to show me it has selected stuff... ie it shows in the inspector as being selected but no green handles to manipulate. and no pitstop tools will show up, i.e. click on pitstop edit and it does nothing,  it will not bring up the toolbar to move objects etc
 Was halfway through working on some files with images need bleed added and now it just WILL NOT LET ME DO ANYTHING.
Think I'm gonna have to restart machine, and hope that that sorts it out.
It really is crap that the software designers cannot get this to run right, the sticky notes thing really annoys me!
As well as Click on output preview and the whole page just goes grey, unclick it and everything is back again.

Seriously why is it so hard to have stuff at least as good as it used to be? why destroy stuff that used to work fine?

grrrrr...

rant over, for now

Adobe just did the stealth update to you. The fix for all of those issues is to start Acrobat and open the 'About Pitstop' window (OPTION+COMMAND+J if you are on a mac). Everything should work fine after you close that window. Except for the stickie note issue. That isn't a bug. It is a feature that Adobe is quite proud of it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DPSprint

yeap, I do know that 'about pitstop' fix, its part of the ritual of starting up acrobat but it still doesnt often work...  Usually this drives me nuts on monday after the computer has been shut down over the weekend, but it was left on this weekend so it worked fine until I had to restart, then I've had several hours of getting annoyed with it.. again.
Now suddenly everything is back to normal and working again... no idea why... shrugs... after 20 or so software restarts and one more computer restart.

Joe

That is odd. I've never seen that fix not work.

Slappy

Crazy question: How do I know if my current License allows for the latest Update?

I received an auto-billing Notification (a group email tied to the billing of our Enfocus purchase ended up in my Inbox recently) but I'm not sure which plan we renewed. I don't want to screw up a working Pitstop install, I can provide the License # to somebody in the know if it helps.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

The Pitstop 2017 upgrade is not free. If you running Pitstop 13 it is paid upgrade. The latest version of Pitstop 13 is update 2. If you have an earlier version than update 2 you can upgrade to update 2 for free.

Slappy

So odds are, that was just the Yearly Payment for Ver 13. I wasn't sure if that was still a SaaS kinda thing. I'll go back to my cave now.  :(
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

abc

If you've got auto-billing you probably have a subscription license which means you can install the latest version, ie 2017.
To double check this go to About PitStop Pro and click on 'license', that will tell you the status and what license you have.

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on October 02, 2017, 10:55:57 PMSo odds are, that was just the Yearly Payment for Ver 13. I wasn't sure if that was still a SaaS kinda thing. I'll go back to my cave now.  :(

Oh yeah, as abc said, if you already have the maintenance plan you get ALL upgrades (minor and major) as long as you keep paying.

Slappy

For realz?? Awesome!! I'm going in Sunday to (try) and catch up and prep for the XMF install Mondat, I'll check the License Status. Thanks guys!

Slappy

Quote from: abc on October 03, 2017, 05:54:29 AMIf you've got auto-billing you probably have a subscription license which means you can install the latest version, ie 2017.
To double check this go to About PitStop Pro and click on 'license', that will tell you the status and what license you have.
The Local License Manager shows it as a Subscription "Permanent License" and it's managed by another person here whose account I can't sign into unfortunately. I guess if I do the upgrade it will either work or prompt me for a new License eh? So long as it doesn't blow out the current install I'm fine.

Oh, and will bring in all the custom Actions and settings from the previous version or do I need o export them or recreate?

Joe

So what email address are you currently logged in with? Go to the Enfocus website and log in with that email address. You should be able to get your account details once you are logged in.

We have a maintenance agreement with 8 licenses. Everyone has to sign in with the same Enfocus account email address. When we upgraded from ver. 13 to 2017 I had to deactivate the current ver. 13 product key. Then install 2017 and then enter the new product key. Once that was done I still had all of the custom Actions and settings from the previous version.

Slappy

I logged in under MY email address since that's how it's activate don my Workstation, but the main account is under a co-worker's email address and I don't know their Enfocus login. I'd even venture to guess THEY don't know or never created one on the site. (I looked in their Keychain on their Mac too.)

I'll unravel it this week.

QuoteWhen we upgraded from ver. 13 to 2017 I had to deactivate the current ver. 13 product key. Then install 2017 and then enter the new product key.

So I'll need access to their Enfocus account to get that new Product Key, most likely. At least it's not convoluted or anything.  :hangme:

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on October 15, 2017, 03:14:32 PMSo I'll need access to their Enfocus account to get that new Product Key, most likely. At least it's not convoluted or anything.  :hangme:

Unless you have multiple single license product keys.

frailer

We're in the process of getting a second licence upgrade for a second iMac, from v13 to 2017 Maintenance.

We've got Adobe CC established on one new iMac, (we have 2 old, 2 new, in the interim). We've not put CC on the other new one as yet.

Although we have one licence for a new PitStop 2017, the agent here has not yet been able to tell us which of the v13s that it has been upgraded *from*.

My questions are (forgetting the other 2 old+new imacs for the moment):

-can I run 2017 on a new iMac, AND run v13 at the same time on an old iMac...until it's de-commissioned?

-if so, it sounds as though it wouldn't matter which v13 the current one is 'attached' to...

Hope this makes some sense. PitStop's hardware-tethering makes it a little trickier, but may in fact be a good thing, in this case.
It'll come down to whether Enfocus allow simultaneous running of old/new. We have that luxury until we de-commission the old iMacs.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Maybe. You can run one ver. 13 and one ver. 2017 with their individual product keys but if you upgraded the ver. 13 to ver. 2017 with the product key from that ver. 2013 then that ver. 13 product key may no longer work. (because you upgraded that product key to the new version). I know it previously worked that way from ver. 9 to 10, ver. 10 to 11, ver. 11 to 12, and ver. 12 to 13 so I am assuming it still works that way.