News:

Main Menu

Pagination Mode

Started by Tracy, September 14, 2016, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Diddler helped me out with the Pagination Mode, I did a job with it.
I really need to use it more tho!

Diddler

Tracy, Pagination mode speeds up your workflow dramatically with bookwork.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Tracy

It seems quicker, I will try a layout without different sheet sizes
and I might catch on better, Hey what an idea!!!

Thanks!

nordeuk@hotmail.com

Be careful with multiple sheet sizes, do NOT put different sheet sizes in the same sheet group - it will result in them being on the same sheet size.

Paul

Diddler

Quote from: nordeuk@hotmail.com on January 19, 2017, 04:48:13 AMBe careful with multiple sheet sizes, do NOT put different sheet sizes in the same sheet group - it will result in them being on the same sheet size.

Paul
Not entirely true Paul, you can add other plate icons to your workflow and assign different sheets sizes to different plates. But you are correct in what you say if you use only 1 plate icon in the workflow.

Ear

Quote from: Tracy on January 18, 2017, 12:03:31 PMDiddler helped me out with the Pagination Mode, I did a job with it.
I really need to use it more tho!
Consider yourself Diddled.  ;D
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Tracy

:laugh: Hi Ear! (freakshow)

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Tracy

I get Pagination Mode! :banana:
Diddler taught me how to use it and I have been brave enough to use it lately.
I get it now!!!

Diddler

Quote from: Tracy on February 01, 2017, 10:29:01 AMI get Pagination Mode! :banana:
I get it now!!!
Well done Tracy. Keen to learn about "Sets" next.

Tracy

nordeuk@hotmail.com

Quote from: Diddler on January 19, 2017, 07:10:58 PM
Quote from: nordeuk@hotmail.com on January 19, 2017, 04:48:13 AMBe careful with multiple sheet sizes, do NOT put different sheet sizes in the same sheet group - it will result in them being on the same sheet size.

Paul
Not entirely true Paul, you can add other plate icons to your workflow and assign different sheets sizes to different plates. But you are correct in what you say if you use only 1 plate icon in the workflow.

Ah yes... i forgot that one!.... we like to use multiple tabs and label them according - example  'Cover - SRA1'  and 'Text - 630x880'..... we find it useful for other operators taking over jobs from various shifts

frailer

Quote from: Diddler on February 01, 2017, 04:09:32 PM
Quote from: Tracy on February 01, 2017, 10:29:01 AMI get Pagination Mode! :banana:
I get it now!!!
Sets are good, though when we upgraded to newer XMF, new server, new iMacs running Clients, whenever we used Workflow Sets, the plates would get fed straight to the 'setter to image. :o   Haven't really properly re-tested it yet.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

nordeuk@hotmail.com

Quote from: frailer on September 12, 2017, 07:42:59 PM
Quote from: Diddler on February 01, 2017, 04:09:32 PM
I get it now!!!
Sets are good, though when we upgraded to newer XMF, new server, new iMacs running Clients, whenever we used Workflow Sets, the plates would get fed straight to the 'setter to image. :o  Haven't really properly re-tested it yet.

We have been having the same issue with plates 'releasing themselves' - it coincided with a factory move and new plate platesetter. It happens to a lot of our jobs that are retrieved fro archive!   Guessing it must be a bug, we can't see any difference in the settings that are causing it.

Lyzan

There's a button somewhere that you can check which is written like [Hold before output]. When you restore an archive file, before releasing the workflow items for re-processing, make sure that this check box is checked.