Indesign Beach Ball effect

Started by scottrsimons, April 10, 2019, 11:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

for some reason that doesn't bother me as much as Finder beachballing all the time.
but yeah, 2-3 sec. delay, for sure
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Joe

Yeah it isn't the worst thing that could happen but it gets annoying. Maybe I should install the beta of Catalina!

:facepalm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

Sure, you wont be able to run as many apps, awesome!
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Joe

wonderings

Quote from: scottrsimons on April 24, 2019, 01:29:11 PM
Ok, initial test. Opened up large InDesign file, some 200 pages with a lot of art. It beach balled when switching pages and editing text. Then when I turned off my ethernet connection and wifi. The beach balling stopped. InDesign ran like it used to. Turned ethernet back on, with the file open, and still no beach balling. Closed the file, re-opened it, and it still is performing like it SHOULD. We shall see how long it lasts.

When I have long freezing times the usual remedy is turn the wifi off then it snaps to. Files are local on my computer, no network drive. Seems to me it has something to do with CC checking in with Adobe servers and causing issues sometimes when it does.

Joe

Maybe that is why I've never seen this issue. Never have wifi turned on.

scottrsimons

I've been messing with turning ethernet and wifi off. Once both are off, INDD works like it should. It seems to be calling back to the mothership WAY too much.  :banghead:
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

David

maybe it's lonely...

you should rub it and talk to it nicely maybe...
ask it how it's day went, does it need anything?
Tell it it looks nice today...

:lmao:

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: scottrsimons on June 21, 2019, 11:48:28 AM
I've been messing with turning ethernet and wifi off. Once both are off, INDD works like it should. It seems to be calling back to the mothership WAY too much.  :banghead:
Time to get rid of dial-up?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

scottrsimons

I was on an Adobe forum and someone said this about disconnection your computer from the network and it helped.

QuoteMany times networks are not updated so as to maintain compatibility with Firewall and virus protection which can hinder the correct operation of newer graphics software.

Anyone have any ideas what they might mean by that? First I've heard of someone blaming the network for software that runs locally that is running slow.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

Quote from: scottrsimons on June 21, 2019, 12:34:47 PM
I was on an Adobe forum and someone said this about disconnection your computer from the network and it helped.

QuoteMany times networks are not updated so as to maintain compatibility with Firewall and virus protection which can hinder the correct operation of newer graphics software.

Anyone have any ideas what they might mean by that? First I've heard of someone blaming the network for software that runs locally that is running slow.

It means they are full of shit. It is pure and simple Adobe is making sure everyone is up to date and paying on time.

mc hristel

Quote from: scottrsimons on June 21, 2019, 12:34:47 PM

Sounds to me what they are trying to say is; the more layers of security you have between your computer and the internet, the slower it is for "newer graphics software" to dial out and call home, or surf the web, or whatever it is that the software does when you aren't looking. I agree with Joe though, it's really just Adobe checking up on people using their software.