News:

Main Menu

Dyna and PSP

Started by frailer, April 11, 2008, 09:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

DynaStrip PDFs are not PitStop-friendly. I get these messages after edits of the imposed PDFs. Not such a big deal, I guess, cos it forces you to update the Source Files List properly, and Dyna prints superfast anyway;, but, occasionally annoying. Any Dyna users experiencing this? I'm on Dyna 4.5.2, and PSP 7.5.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

I've gotten that same message on PDF output from Preps too. Not sure what it means though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Is that after a PDF in > PDf  out route through PREPS, Joe? Am using that route in Dyna. Suspect it's something in the re-write as the PDFs are impo'd and marks etc added, that the code becomes incompatible with PSP. Have rarely had trouble with PostScript output from PREPS, where the file has been Distilled in a Watched Folder.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on April 12, 2008, 05:44:16 AMIs that after a PDF in > PDf  out route through PREPS, Joe? Am using that route in Dyna. Suspect it's something in the re-write as the PDFs are impo'd and marks etc added, that the code becomes incompatible with PSP. Have rarely had trouble with PostScript output from PREPS, where the file has been Distilled in a Watched Folder.

Yes, Preps PDF --> PDF. I'm not sure it's a Pitstop problem as I've seen it in Acrobat when I have not even touched Pitstop.

almaink

If you quit Acrobat and relaunch it does the message go away?
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Joe

Not on the ones I've seen.

Captain_Type

I googled that error message
Could not find the Extended Graphics State named "GS0"
and came up with something close (GS1 instead of GS0):

http://www.mail-archive.com/pdfdev@lists.pdfzone.com/msg01714.html

It sounds like opening and resaving in Acrobat might fix the problem.
Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter

frailer

Thanks, Captain_Type. Was away interstate when you posted. Interesting link; shall just try that next time.    :grin: