News:

Main Menu

Running actions

Started by Joe, April 17, 2008, 01:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

As I said in my other thread I've been running Acrobat 8 all week. If I try to run an action it defaults to "Complete Document" and if I try to change it to "Current Page" it does not change. This is on my G5 running Acrobat 8.1.2 and Pitstop 7.52 with Leopard 8.5.2. On an Intel Mac running the exact same version of all software it works okay. That's the only difference in the setup. One is a G5 and the other is an Intel. Anyone with a G5 and this setup able to change that setting?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quit and relaunch... it happens all the time.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 17, 2008, 08:39:09 AMQuit and relaunch... it happens all the time.

I've quit and rebooted about 68 times since it started. It does not come back on this machine.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe  on April 17, 2008, 08:40:29 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 17, 2008, 08:39:09 AMQuit and relaunch... it happens all the time.

I've quit and rebooted about 68 times since it started. It does not come back on this machine.

Really? I have that problem daily and that's what I do. We must figure this out... Wait, I thought you were playing golf today?
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 17, 2008, 08:53:28 AM
Quote from: Joe  on April 17, 2008, 08:40:29 AM

Really? I have that problem daily and that's what I do. We must figure this out... Wait, I thought you were playing golf today?

Yeah, I am leaving soon. Still 57 degrees out and that is a bit chilly for my sexy legs in shorts. I expect a solution before I return.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Roger Roger... Have fun.
Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

Lucky. I'd love to be headed to the links..   :golf:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on April 17, 2008, 09:05:39 AMLucky. I'd love to be headed to the links..   :golf:

And with that...I'm outta here. :iwin: :kickass: :winner: :golf:

Everyone keep working. :tongue:

Joe

Got the answer from Enfocus support. You have to uncheck the box for "Certified PDF Preflight" in the Profile portion of the panel as shown in the screen shot. Why a setting in Profile Panel affects Actions is beyond me but it works? :huh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Did you find that on the Enfocus Website? I scoured that thing yesterday, and found nothing. As a matter of fact, I was getting ready to look some more, when I decided to check... Good find Joe, that one has been an irritant I am glad to be rid of.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 18, 2008, 09:42:45 PMDid you find that on the Enfocus Website? I scoured that thing yesterday, and found nothing. As a matter of fact, I was getting ready to look some more, when I decided to check... Good find Joe, that one has been an irritant I am glad to be rid of.

I actually filed a support request over it and they had it figured our in about 3 days. All via email. I could find nothing on their web site either.