Global Change_not changing

Started by frailer, May 20, 2008, 12:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Have not been a user of Global Change. Not really a volume need for it. But tried it on this doc. Even read the manual! [all else failed].
Can't see what step I'm leaving out.  PMS still there on Output Preview. Must be not doing something... :huh:

Was gonna post more pics, but...am selecting "document">Run. Also tried "page">Run. It's definitelt the named Spot; correct from repository. Save...Save As...tried all.   

See pic next post...

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Save. Close. Reopen. Check Output Preview. Works for me anyway. It stays in the color list until I do those steps. Once I reopen it it is gone from the list.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe  on May 20, 2008, 12:42:58 AMSave. Close. Reopen. Check Output Preview. Works for me anyway. It stays in the color list until I do those steps. Once I reopen it it is gone from the list.

Did that. Even restarted Acro7. Still showing as a Spot, as original. Shall try tomorrow with a different file. Off home now. Cheers Joe.   :cheesy:

Joe

And after the GC the PMS color is gone on the screen and it's only in the list? Or is the PMS still visible on the page when you turn the color on in Output Preview?

Good luck with it when you get back. :grin:

almaink

The PDF may still contain a % of that PMS color. It could even be 0% in invisible text or outside the page margins.

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Ear

What are you trying to change the spot to? It looks like you have CMYK chosen in the 'to' box but you have zeros for all the values. Are you just trying to change it to white?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

Quote from: Earendil on May 20, 2008, 08:56:57 AMWhat are you trying to change the spot to? It looks like you have CMYK chosen in the 'to' box but you have zeros for all the values. Are you just trying to change it to white?

My reading of the Manual on this is that once you have chosen your Spot from Repository, then if you've chosen CMYK, then you shouldn't need to feed values in. That, to me, looks like a manual override field associated with RGB values. Surely the CMYK values are done automatically from PSP's LUT. Please set me right if I'm off beam here.

Well, I may have chosen the wrong, [right?], file to practise GC on. Maybe it's tripping up on some complex paths. [see jpegs]. Have discovered that this job would be problematic to do a colour conversion on pre-RIP.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 20, 2008, 10:38:51 PM
Quote from: Earendil on May 20, 2008, 08:56:57 AMWhat are you trying to change the spot to? It looks like you have CMYK chosen in the 'to' box but you have zeros for all the values. Are you just trying to change it to white?

My reading of the Manual on this is that once you have chosen your Spot from Repository, then if you've chosen CMYK, then you shouldn't need to feed values in. That, to me, looks like a manual override field associated with RGB values. Surely the CMYK values are done automatically from PSP's LUT. Please set me right if I'm off beam here.

Well, I may have chosen the wrong, [right?], file to practise GC on. Maybe it's tripping up on some complex paths. [see jpegs]. Have discovered that this job would be problematic to do a colour conversion on pre-RIP.

I think your off beam here. :laugh:

You'll need to click the little round dot next to the Grab button under the "To" column to use a spot from the repository. If you check the one next to CMYK it will convert to the values in the fields for CMYK.

frailer

LOL, shall try tomorrow... :embarrassed:     Mind you, in my defence, the Manual reference on that was crap, IMO. That's my defence, and I'm stickin' to it.   

Ear

Yeah, I hear ya buddy, but manuals are just someone else's opinion of how to do something.  :rolleyes:

Joe's right, I use Global Change quite often and you need to be specific in the 'to' menu. Either you choose a new color from the repository or you have to tell it the CMYK values.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 21, 2008, 03:55:52 AMLOL, shall try tomorrow... :embarrassed:     Mind you, in my defence, the Manual reference on that was crap, IMO. That's my defence, and I'm stickin' to it.   

Reading the manual was your first mistake. You gotta just get in there and start poking and clicking around...unless you work for the bomb squad. :laugh: