News:

Main Menu

Nexus 9 problems

Started by rjneeley, February 11, 2009, 02:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjneeley

I recently installed Nexus 9 -- on the rip, the manager, and nexus edit. I am having tons of problems with nexus manager though. I get an "out of memory" error on every job I rip into Nexus Edit and then release to the trapper. I get that same out of memory error on many other jobs. I have files that I try to run that ran fine when I ran them in Nexus 8.3, 8.4, and 8.5, but suddenly they can't run now. Input errors, out of memory, internal errors -- the list goes on and on. Is anyone else having these problems? I'm about to ditch this version and go backwards.

Another issue I'm having problems with is Insight. We use it rarely here, but I have some customers that set up press graphs in that program so I run their files thru there so i can apply that press graph. However, I can't grab those old press graph exported files anymore -- if I try, the program quits. If I try to rebuild that graph and resave it, the program quits. I can rebuild it and apply it, I just can't save it. If it was a couple of numbers it wouldn't be a problem, but we're talking 20 numbers per job, entered twice (once for CT, once for LW). AWS/Esko seems clueless as to what's wrong.

Could it be my rip? It's a Compaq Evo W8000 running Windows XP. AWS installed it here back in 2003, I'm sure it was a refurbished computer though. Could it be too old or too outdated to run this new software?

If anyone has any advice or comments, I'd be grateful to hear them!!!

Rachel

Joe

I don't have Nexus 9 but...that PC is way too old and underpowered. I'm surprised you could even install Nexus onto it. They only support (on the PC side) running Windows 2003 server with 4 gb of ram and you'll need a lot faster hardware than that. Dual dual core 2 's would be the minimum I would try.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

rjneeley

Thanks for your response Joe.  I had long suspected that this was the problem, now I have proof!