Konica Minolta BizhubPro C6501

Started by Skryber, August 04, 2009, 11:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Color copiers never cease to amaze repulse me.

Skry or Sabby, ever had major color shifts just from changing imposition settings? Running a Creo RIP on a 6501. I set up custom queues to import a large number of jobs, all with the same Pantone. Every job I import using my queue looks fucking different on my first print. I'm having to make minor adjustments (light/dark, custom gradation) for each lot. It's ridiculous.  :death:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Skryber

Quote from: gnubler on February 21, 2013, 11:00:56 AMColor copiers never cease to amaze repulse me.

Skry or Sabby, ever had major color shifts just from changing imposition settings? Running a Creo RIP on a 6501. I set up custom queues to import a large number of jobs, all with the same Pantone. Every job I import using my queue looks fucking different on my first print. I'm having to make minor adjustments (light/dark, custom gradation) for each lot. It's ridiculous.  :death:

No, I don't recall that happening. But I've had everything else go wrong on our Creo. We couldn't even use the impo software it was so jacked up. Thankfully I had Preps there.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

gnubler

I often think the engineers do little things like this on purpose. In the past I've used the Creo's impo and it chews up transparency in a file, but a 1-up file is fine. Are they not testing the software thoroughly?  :shoots_self:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Why test when they can release it and fix it later... maybe. People have grown so used to it it's no longer a surprise.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Quote from: gnubler on February 21, 2013, 11:00:56 AMColor copiers never cease to amaze repulse me.

The KM I used back in Colatown had a Fiery RIP. And I manually impo'd everything there.  :death:
But on the Xerox, remember I had that funky artifact on a job, not too long ago, that was Imposed via Fiery. Manual Impo was fine. Perfect, amazing, modern technology!!
The Xerox is all over the place, color wise. KM held color much better throughout a run, than Xerox.

So, I'm not surprised  you had a color shift via imposing software.

gnubler

Makes perfect sense. So changing 2 x 3.5 to 3.5 x 2 = major color shifts.

It's not even 11am yet.  :shoots_self: