Helvetica_need I say more

Started by frailer, October 01, 2009, 08:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Simple, (haha), double-sided flyer, for want of a better term. Indy files from PC. Fixed bleed, (if there's one problem, there's several, as always).
Converted PC fonts with TransType...look OK. Activated in FEX Pro. Is not picking up the fonts as indicated in Screenshot. Have done full "Tools" in FEX, including restarts, of course. Using Find Font, cannot seem to pick up the ones seen in the FEX pane. I could get a PDF from the lady, don't think it will be a prob, but would value thoughts on this. Be better if they "worked"... :rolleyes:

The converted fonts, (hers), Indy wasn't looking for. Got a Gatling gun full of Helves Temp. loaded. Only ones not activating now are MedConObl (67), MedCon(67). A nasty mix, IMO. Am hoping for PDFs, but will hunt those 2 just in case.
Thank you linesmen, thank you ball boys.

OK, I'm missed the "Neue" on 3 of those...OK,OK.   :embarrassed:  So, font conversion is not bullet proof, 'specially with Helvetica.   :sad:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

some things I do, remove fonts from fex, reload.
or replace fonts, do you have the helv nue fonts on your mac?
I dont usually have a problem replacing helv nue on the mac.

Ive even restarted computer and got fonts to work.
they are fonts after all.
they are evil!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Clear you caches, delete all the temp fonts in Quark, (if you use it) and FontBook. That little bastard app has caused me MANY font issues. Go in there and disable all the fonts you can, let FEX handle them. Oh and restarting always helps.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

what he said...

oh, and quark sucks, btw
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david