News:

Main Menu

PDF with Layers

Started by mojo, November 30, 2007, 07:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo

We currently have Pitstop Server 4.03. Does anyone know if you can create a PDF that supports layers? The starting input file would be Illy CS2 saved with PDF compatibility checked. I want the server to output a certified PDF that when opened in Acrobat, it has Layers. Doesnt seem to much to ask, a 1.6 pdf that has layers.
Backstage 7.0
Nexus Manager 8.4
Pitstop Server 4.0
Packedge 7.0
Illustrator CS2

Joe

I've never tried but it seems it should work. Is it not working that way for you?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

mojo

No Joe its not. I can set the file format in the baseline categorie to be 1.6 or 1.7 pdf, however that generated pdf does not have layers available when viewed in Acrobat 8. I got a call into support.
Backstage 7.0
Nexus Manager 8.4
Pitstop Server 4.0
Packedge 7.0
Illustrator CS2

Joe

I don't have CS2 here but it works with CS3 and here is a screen shot of the Illy CS3 settings and a screen shot of the resulting PDF in Acrobat 8. Maybe a reason to upgrade? Click the thumbnail to view.

mojo

Right Joe, I'm hip to those settings out of Illustrator....However I want Enfocus to create that same flavor of PDF. I dont want to have to open a supplied Illustrator file, load my fonts, my prefrences, etc and then create the pdf to be certified. I want to be able to drop the supplied Illy file on an input folder and have it create the certified PDF.
Backstage 7.0
Nexus Manager 8.4
Pitstop Server 4.0
Packedge 7.0
Illustrator CS2

Joe

Oh, I should have read that more closely. I thought you were wanting to make it out of Illy.