Looking for legit CS3 or newer (Windows)

Started by DCurry, February 15, 2016, 07:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

I have a buddy who is looking for a legit copy of CS3 (or newer, but CS3 will suffice) for Windows if anyone has one for sale.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Ear

No Indy, but I doooo have a couple copies of Preps, with dongle. :D  :hello:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Slappy

I thought at one point Adobe was allowing Free installs of CS3, or was it CS2? Not aware of any place to get cheap license otherwise, might as well get CorelDraw!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Ear

Windows only? I might have a Mac copy... have to dig through the software boneyard. Probably hiding under the old Preps copies.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

may take a while to dig through all those old copies of Preps...

like an archeological dig, with dirt an' dinosaur bones an' all.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DCurry

Slappy, I thought I heard that somewhere, too. Couldn't find any info on it. If I google "free adobe" I get a bunch of pirate stuff that I don't really want.

It does need to be Windows. I guess he could settle for CS2 if necessary and then I could just backsave stuff for him.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

It was CS2 Adobe was letting everyone have a valid serial number. Not sure if it is still available though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

It was CS2. There was a link to the download page in a discussion here when it first happened.

As far as CS3, the only legit places I can think of to get it are Amazon and E-bay, and E-bay might be iffy. You have to go through the process of the owner transferring the license to you or it won't work.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

andyfest

CS2 is still available for free. You do need an active Abode membership. If you use this CNET article link and then scroll down to the Abode CS2 download link, you can then sign in and it will take you to the downloads page and give you serial #'s for all of the different versions, both Mac & Windows. I preferred CS2 to CS3 but if he/she needs CS3 it might be a rockier road.

http://www.cnet.com/news/adobe-releases-creative-suite-2-for-free/
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

DigiCorn

That's cool. I had a copy of 5.5 at home but it got mostly wiped out during the great Windows update of 2015 (going from 8.1-to-10). For some reason, it left me with PhotoShop and Illy, but Acro and ID disappeared. I need a legit version, though, and since it's just to fuck around with at home for personal projects, that sounds like it will work out fine for me.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway