Plate calibration software

Started by tuff_gong, July 08, 2016, 07:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuff_gong

Running Nexus 9 to a trendsetter. Have been using Symphony Calibrator to calibrate plate. Does not play nice with newer Mac OS. Is there a free-standing plate calibration solution out there?
"Cops Nab Co-Eds in Pot Orgy"

andyfest

I'm still using Fast Calibrator with an old dual boot ppc to write the cal file, then dumping that into the setup folder for Nexus 10. I always found Fastcal better than Symphony.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Ear

I don't use Nexus but have had trouble with other workflows integrating into new Mac OS in the past, particularly utilities, like the calibration tools. They all seem to love running on old XP boxes, which is what I do. I do impo and preflight on the Mac client but I go hide in my server room for things like calibrating. I even kept the yellow lights, from the days of film, just so it is all mellow back there (converted camera/stripping room). 8)
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

I'm sure just the lights make it mellow.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

... couple hits of the OG help too. :hello:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black