News:

Main Menu

press calibration

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, August 10, 2017, 09:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on August 10, 2017, 12:45:27 PMYes, I am not the guy to ask these questions, there are much smarter people around here than me about such things.... :drunk3:

Question: Does anyone on here run linear plates? (like the 50 coming out 50)..... AGFA Azura plates.

When using conventional packaging ink (i.e.: not UV), our plates are almost linear for both the CD74 & the CD102.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

pspdfppdfxhd

Well here is an example of the calibration of the magenta plates (other colors are similar, only the black is slightly non-linear on one press).

Well it works, seems to keep both pressmen happy so why argue with something that makes no sense to me?

andyfest

Joe or anyone that has used Nexus - wondering if I can tap your memory to the Nexus days. We are trying to update our cal curves from FastCal to Symphony. We have everything working except spot colours. Every test we send the CMYK goes ok, but the spot colours fail (no curve chosen) even though we have designated a curve to use. We can get it to run by choosing the spot colour tif in the workflow and picking the curve manually, but I'f like it to pick it up automatically, like it is doing for CMYK. Any ideas?

andyfest

This seems to be what we are getting right now:

Joe

Oh man that has been 8+ years since I used Nexus and I can't even remember what I had for dinner yesterday. I do remember using Nexus and we were using Symphony and we did output spot colors occasionally but I don't think we ever had a problem in doing so. Sorry.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

andyfest

That's ok Joe - sounds a lot like me. We never did get the spots to take the curve automatically, so we did it the old-fashioned way and created separate curves for CMYK & spot and directed each to it's own proprietary curve in the workflow. It does work in kind of a late '90's way.
:cane: