Cant move objects with mouse!

Started by delooch, February 13, 2018, 03:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

Indesign CC, 2015, PC..

I suddenly cant move/drag objects with the mouse. I can resize and select, i can nudge with the keyboard, but no dragging of the objects. The layers arent locked, nor are the objects... any ideas?

delooch

nevermind. I deleted preferences and it worked. except i had to delete preferences  >:(

Joe

Some people get it working by rebooting. Some have to delete preferences. I saw one where logging out of and back into the creative cloud app fixed it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

In the future, here's a quick list of fail-safe checks to look at:

1) change the battery
2) plug it back in
3) flip it over and make sure some joker didn't tape a piece of paper over the optics
4) make sure the computer is on
5) make sure you're sitting in front of the right computer
6) make sure it's a mouse and not another object, like a stapler or shoe
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

delooch

David

shoe works pretty well...

just saying'

:rotf:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43

You could also try putting it in the microwave. :ninja:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

mc hristel

You know, moving objects is a lot more work than resizing a box. Maybe it was the computers way of telling you that you are working too hard. and should just take it easy.

If you were on a Mac using a magic mouse, I'd say you are having issues because the magic's gone  :P

That shoe idea though. Brilliant!  I suspect a boot would be even better though. More weight means more damage when you throw it.