News:

Main Menu

Reset Zero Point

Started by Slappy, July 17, 2018, 10:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Not sure when/how this changed, but in my client when I drag a horizontal guide to the bottom edge of the plate preview (in Edit Template mode) the numerical value is like 1.17" when I know the "true" position is .28" because that's the gripper limit. I think it's adding the physical plate area to that guide value, but I don't want it! Grrrrrrrr.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

I'm sure it does, but does your gripper show up as a different color?

Slappy

Yeah it's red, but a lot of times when I turn on "Display Overlapping Areas" in the Display Setting (wrenchy icon) to see if something close is actually IN the Gripper, the page still sits on top of the red, so I'll drop a Guide there instead.

I don't get why some page items are transparent and others (most) are opaque and I can't see the gripper area.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

Yeah I get that on some of my small plates, I place a guide on my templates.
Not sure why your guide is not zero at the sheet edge, mine shows a negative
below the sheet, call 1-800-Fly-Fuji :laugh:
I'm sure you have a license you can call for anything

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on July 17, 2018, 01:58:55 PMbelow the sheet, call 1-800-Fly-Fuji :laugh:
I'm sure you have a license you can call for anything
But but but - that's why we have each otttttther!  :D

Yeah, I have to call them about some other stuff anyway - I'll see if they have a fix.

frailer

I am liking XMF, the more the minor bugs are ironed out.
Have never looked back from the main keyboard shortcuts, either.
Cmd+D ... Select (arrow)
Cmd+F ... Zoom. (My mental prompt is 'F for Find)
Cmd+R ... Measure (My mental prompt is R for 'Rule')

My age probably indicates why I need mental prompts. YMMV.  :D
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Diddler

Quote from: Slappy on July 17, 2018, 10:41:11 AMNot sure when/how this changed, but in my client when I drag a horizontal guide to the bottom edge of the plate preview (in Edit Template mode) the numerical value is like 1.17" when I know the "true" position is .28" because that's the gripper limit. I think it's adding the physical plate area to that guide value, but I don't want it! Grrrrrrrr.

In the wrenchy icon half way down in Position. Change where your measuring from. i.e.: plate / paper.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!