News:

Main Menu

Selection problem_PSP

Started by frailer, January 17, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Am on 7.22. When selecting, it smartly selects in yellow, to indicate that you want "that one too"... Correct? That's the way I read it, anyway...tell me if I'm reading that wrong. Problem is, I want to only select the black fill; not the white behind it, [am taking out CMY on a logo to leave 100K]. On this one, is there a way of selecting only the blue selection...and leave out the yellow-selected background? Hoping the images will explain. Maybe move PitStop Layers, but that can be risky. Shall experiment on a copy of the file... ???

Top image shows the dilemma. Want to convert blue selected to 100K only. But if I apply, yellow selected area fills in too... >:(
Bottom image shows "problem-free" selection.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Hi frailer,

In my experience the blue is what is selected and the yellow is not selected unless you triple click in which the yellow changes to a blue selection. It looks like the blue area in the top picture may be selecting the white knockout inside the black area. With the selection you have in the top photo try holding down the shift key and drawing a very small box in the black fill being careful not to let the box you are drawing overlap into another object. With any luck that might un-select the white fill and select the black fill. Once your inspector shows you the 4 color black values open global change an select fill and then change to 100 black and global change everything all at once.

Confusing enough?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Not at all confusing, Joe. Am just waiting for the 7.5 upgrade to finish downloading on our s-l-o-w ADSL. Got a feeling that PSP has gone flaky on me on this blue vs. yellow thing. It used to work as you said, but now links before you double-click to OK it. Used to be I had to double-click first. Shall see if it rights itself with the update. If not, maybe some .plist dumping in order?
Is the 7.22>7.5 an install over the top? Guess I'll get the necessary prompts.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on January 17, 2008, 09:08:55 PMIs the 7.22>7.5 an install over the top? Guess I'll get the necessary prompts.

Yes.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.