ePS Process Shipper users?

Started by RMPrepress, December 14, 2022, 09:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMPrepress

Our company is researching purchasing an add on to our ePS (formerly EFI) Pace MIS system.
It's called Process Shipper, in short it is web based software that ties together UPS, Fedex, DHL, USPS and all your couriers etc. into one central place and feeds info back and forth from our PACE MIS etc.
No more UPS WorldShip and Fedex applications....in theory.
As the Prepress Manager/Default IT guy i get involved in all these decisions and usually do all the research on this stuff.
Anyone out there familiar with this product and its value add.
I see some really mixed reviews out on the web, although most are at least 2 years old.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 9.5 and Kodak Proofing System 10.0
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

scottrsimons

Like you I'm a prepress/IT guy/everything guy. But I was not involved in the decision to purchase Process Shipper here. We've been using it for quite a while, and it does seem to be doing a good job. The guy that was managing it has left and now it kinda has fallen on me and another guy to take care of it.
From what I can tell and the feed back I get, it does a good job. It does integrate with UPS and FedEx and other shipping methods too.
There will be a learning curve of course, and it only runs on Windows, both the server and workstations.
And like most of ePS's "apps" they are web based.
The integration with Pace is quite usefully for your shipping department to not have to retype data. That is a huge bonus.
And from my limited experience actually seeing to use it, it seems to operate the same as some of the other shipping webpages out there.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

RMPrepress

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the info.
Some people here are all for purchasing it and some not so much.
All the way up to the two owners being split, with me kinda caught in the middle of it all.
We have had a demo and a meeting with the ePS sales department and now I'm trying to gather as much info as I can.
It seems to me to be a no brainer (once as a company you decide to throw some money around at improvements in workflow) and i do take care of all the IT related matters in our shipping dept. and have good insight into what they need and do daily.
Even if Process Shipper only worked 80-90% of the time, just the info going back and forth between the Pace MIS would be well worth it.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 9.5 and Kodak Proofing System 10.0
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

scottrsimons

I know the time is short now. But also knowing that Process Shipper is a big investment, it might be a good idea to go to ePS Connect. It is Jan 23-26 in Las Vegas at the Wynn. Our VP of Finance goes every year and I went one year for DSF. It wasn't that informative for me at the time. But I know you get to talk to other user and some of the higher ups and you can see demos of all of their products. Good time to network with other users and get feedback. Just a thought.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson