Looking for prepress work in Atlanta

Started by Tim, December 03, 2008, 12:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Our company closed its doors and now I am forced into the ranks of the unemployed. I've been a prepress operator for 15 years and would appreciate any leads you may have in the Atlanta area only. Thanks and good luck to the rest.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Tim on December 03, 2008, 12:50:42 PMOur company closed its doors and now I am forced into the ranks of the unemployed. I've been a prepress operator for 15 years and would appreciate any leads you may have in the Atlanta area only. Thanks and good luck to the rest.

Dude... that sucks! I am very sorry to hear it. I am not even remotely close to Atlanta, but if I hear anything I will let you know. Have you tried Monster.com? I subscribe to their job listings and I have seen several in the Atlanta area over the past few months.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/jjj/

Search for "prepress", "printing", or "graphics"...something good may pop up
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

I used to deal with a place out of Marietta, GA. called GAS (Graphic Arts Services). They had a huge contract with Hearst Publications doing a lot of their color scanning and layout for magazines such as Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, etc. Not sure if they are still there or not but that's all I've got. Good luck.

And sorry about the demise of where you were at. Not a good time right now in this business.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

Good luck Tim, I'll keep an eye out for anything.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Tim

I appreciate any and all leads. I'd have it made if I were a graphic designer or print sales. Thanks.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Tim on December 03, 2008, 01:52:28 PMI appreciate any and all leads. I'd have it made if I were a graphic designer or print sales. Thanks.

Thank God you're not, eh. You'll be fine, hang in there. We got your back Bro.
Member #285 - Civilian

Tracy

Tim

Quote from: Tracy on December 03, 2008, 02:07:23 PMsign up with the PIA. They have a job pool nationwide I do believe.

Thanks Tracy. They utilize the PrintWorkers job boards http://www.printworkers.com of which I have allready posted my resume.

Chelle

Quote from: Tim on December 03, 2008, 12:50:42 PMOur company closed its doors and now I am forced into the ranks of the unemployed. I've been a prepress operator for 15 years and would appreciate any leads you may have in the Atlanta area only. Thanks and good luck to the rest.
Definitely set up a search on Monster. My best friend lives in a suburb of Atlanta and when I was trying to convince my husband we should move down there I set one up for that area and would get pretty regular emails. Sorry to hear about your company/job. Good luck!
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

G_Town

Sorry to hear dude I may be in the same boat first of the year, peeps got some good sites here though.

*bookmarked*