Shop closing

Started by almaink, February 18, 2016, 09:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

no way Joe!
your the smartest prepresser ever

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on February 19, 2016, 03:10:52 PMno way Joe!
Well, we know that, Tracy. Joe's just gotta be able to convince certain other people. :laugh:

Almaink, like the others, I wish you all good fortune in looking. I can't get over the rapid change in this area, and we only brought it in-house, really, in '04. But even since then.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigiCorn

Odd. We're expanding like crazy.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

andyfest

Quote from: Joe on February 19, 2016, 03:01:16 PMThe last time I was looking for work I was 46 and even at that age you got a lot of "we'll call you" comments that never materialized. I'm soon going to be 61 and if I lost this job I can guarantee I would not be able to land a prepress job in the USA.
Mexico? Dominican Republic? Jamaica? And probably Cuba soon! You could make it a lifelong vacation!
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: andyfest on February 21, 2016, 08:14:24 AM
Quote from: Joe on February 19, 2016, 03:01:16 PMThe last time I was looking for work I was 46 and even at that age you got a lot of "we'll call you" comments that never materialized. I'm soon going to be 61 and if I lost this job I can guarantee I would not be able to land a prepress job in the USA.
Mexico? Dominican Republic? Jamaica? And probably Cuba soon! You could make it a lifelong vacation!

Hone up on your Corel draw skills for Cuban work. Seems that's all they use. But you can get a decent pdf out of the program, believe it or not. We've done tons of Cuban travel book with Corel Draw.

Possum

Quote from: Tracy on February 19, 2016, 03:10:52 PMno way Joe!
Oooh, that remark ought to bring a certain knife-wielding ex prepresser out of hiding.

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.