Photoshop crop box

Started by DigiCorn, September 11, 2019, 04:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

The fucker here did something on Photoshop so that when you use the cropping tool, it only makes squares. I know you can use the box tool to draw the shape and then apply a crop, but I just want the cropping tool to work where you can stretch it to any rectangular shape and not just a fucking square. HELP!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Select the crop tool and at the top of screen you will see the settings for the tool. Make it look like this.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

There is more than one thing that pisses me off about the latest photoshop.

Like when scaling something how the old "shift" to scale does not constrain the dimensions. You have to hold some other key. Why do they have to change things we've been using the same way for the past 20 years??

Joe

Holding SHIFT still works for me. Maybe your SHIFT key is broken? :rotf:

pspdfppdfxhd

Maybe I need to delete the preferences? There are many other "odd" instances going on as well.

DigiCorn

I agree with psp... it's like that on Mac. On Windows, IDKWTF is going on.

To insert a tab into a table in ID in Windows, you have to do like 30 things; On a Mac it's Opt-Tab
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

Hmmmmm..... deleted the preferences but still the shift key does not scale proportionately...have to hold down the "option" key instead.

DigiCorn

They reversed it for Mac.

How on a PC?
:banghead:
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

I am using a Mac.

Maybe it's the Canadian version.

:drunk3:

Joe

In Photoshop preferences check the box for 'Use Legacy Free Transform' to get SHIFT to proportionately scale.

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

I don't see that in my preferences.... I am running v. 20.0.4. I don't see any updates pending.

Joe

Joe

In Photoshop under the Help menu....click on Updates and see if it finds an update that way.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, that might be the ticket, Photoshop is "trying" to update now but stalling at 21%.

Maybe people like me complained so they added it in the newest version.

If it ever downloads I will post.

Thanks Joe.