News:

Main Menu

Freehand File issue

Started by Chelle, December 10, 2008, 11:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelle

*sigh* OK - not only am I in Catalog Hell, but the catalogs are all created in Freehand. In spreads. :blowup: We have to get the marketing girl to switch them to InDesign. So far, we haven't been able to tackle her before she starts the new season...

Anyhoo... Here's my dilemma: I create my page, save it, go on my merry way. Well, when I go back to open the page and make changes, FH tells me it can't open the file - not a VALID FH file. So, I wind up redoing the page. GRRR... I am wasting so much time. Why do I feel another migraine coming on???? Now, I can open the original pages SHE laid out to create MY pages from. I can open my pages from LAST year to grab graphics etc. Ugh. I am ready to run screaming down the highway.
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

DigitalCrapShoveler

Sounds like you are exporting these files as EPS files, and not going into Options and Saving Freehand File in EPS. Another thing could be extensions. Make sure you ALWAYS save files with an extension, IE: Document.fh8, .fh9, .fh10, .fh11 or fhmx. If you do not, hold the Option, and Command keys and drag the file ontop the version of FH you have... it will force the document to try and open regardless of tags. If it is valid it will work.
Member #285 - Civilian

Chelle

Nope. Not exporting. I will try the fh11. I swear I am just cursed this week. Oh wait - make that the last couple months. :blowup:

Chelle

OK - tried the command/option thing. GRRR. Something is going corrupt in these files and I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is.

born2print

Maaaaan, that's the worst Chelle - sorry.
In fact, no FH joke as it would be in poor taste right now :cheesy:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DigitalCrapShoveler

Send me a corrupt file. You should still have my e-mail. If not PM me... WOW! Deja-Vu.
Member #285 - Civilian

Chelle

Let me finish redoing this one page and see if it corrupts again. Or if the next one I go to work on corrupts. :laugh:

Chelle

OK... I think it's a font issue. Imagine that. Now to figure out which fracking fancy font it is.... :blowup:

Chelle

OK... Explain this: What in MY version of FH would corrupt the darn font when I save the fracking file???? :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: I even saved it fh11

*runs screaming down the highway*

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Chelle

I just got back from my run down the highway. I am guessing ArrireGarde.TTF. It's the only new weird thing that I can see so far... I am going to try something quick, though... Hang on...

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Chelle

OK - I turned JUST the Arriere font to paths and left the rest alone... And my file is fine. Damn font. :blowup: BUT... the weird thing is that it doesn't affect ALL the pages. Oh... Yes... 32 page catalog and each spread is its own file..... :death:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Take back ALL those mean things you said about Freehand NOW!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

Chelle

Fine! Fine! I TAKE THEM ALL BACK!!!!!! :death: