News:

Main Menu

Manage DotGain Curves

Started by KWells1979, August 12, 2009, 09:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWells1979

We are looking to create new curves for each ink/substrate combination to work towards ISO12647. I wondered how you go about the best way of sending files through the RIP making sure that the right curve is applied in Nexus (impositions from ArtPro).

There are so many options; Create a separate workflow for each curve. Have one workflow and use XML files to override the curves.... If they have an issue on press, how can I tell what curve was applied to the plate.

Thanks for any help/advice. I haven't began creating any curves yet and it's already giving me a headache!

Kristian

beck

Kristian,

We use Nexus here, and we have a different WF for each substrate.  It's not too terrible.

Curves give us headaches as well.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

G_Town

Quote from: KWells1979 on August 12, 2009, 09:06:05 AMWe are looking to create new curves for each ink/substrate combination to work towards ISO12647. I wondered how you go about the best way of sending files through the RIP making sure that the right curve is applied in Nexus (impositions from ArtPro).

There are so many options; Create a separate workflow for each curve. Have one workflow and use XML files to override the curves.... If they have an issue on press, how can I tell what curve was applied to the plate.

Thanks for any help/advice. I haven't began creating any curves yet and it's already giving me a headache!

Kristian

We have a curve for each job ( we get in supplied kodak approvals for color match) and we read the dot gain on the proofs and come up with a dot gain curve then  when screening we apply the customer dot gain curve with the press dot gain curve and nexus works out the required output.

We also have some older jobs that just run with the press dot gain curve and more recently we are running several jobs G7 but the key to knowing how to do run a job is to create a read me file and put it with the job we take a screen shot of the WF as well and paste it into the read me that way anyone can pick it up and know how it was sent to plate.

I also remember hearing that esko was thinking of putting a slug option on a job that would show all the screeing info but dont know if they ever did anything about it.