Manually setting trap for PDF output

Started by gnubler, June 10, 2010, 10:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Quote from: determined on June 10, 2010, 11:04:04 AMwe always set all our foils to overprint....
what if you have a foil close to but not on top of printing?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on June 10, 2010, 10:29:54 AMWhy, so you can continue building a dossier on me? :ninja:

Here's a PDF of the logo I trapped, view the overprint preview in Acro and tell me yay or nay.

My dossier on you stopped the moment you left. Quit being so paranoid. It's a fucking PDF, not your SS Card.

BTW, your traps look marvelous. A little fat for me, but it will work fine.
Member #285 - Civilian

Tracy

andyfest

We set all of our foil stamping to overprint. Register on both platen and cylinder foil stamping machines is approximate at best and the foil is so opaque that overprinting the printed background seems to work the best.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 10, 2010, 11:23:18 AM
Quote from: gnubler on June 10, 2010, 10:29:54 AMWhy, so you can continue building a dossier on me? :ninja:

Here's a PDF of the logo I trapped, view the overprint preview in Acro and tell me yay or nay.

My dossier on you stopped the moment you left. Quit being so paranoid. It's a fucking PDF, not your SS Card.

BTW, your traps look marvelous. A little fat for me, but it will work fine.

Yes but what about that bit of code Adobe adds to a PDF to enable the CIA to track it's progress throughout the internet?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on June 10, 2010, 11:24:32 AMJoe your Awesome!
that so worked!

Just remember that if you have transparency in the Indy file that it will be flattened when you output postscript.

Tracy

ok! prolly won't use it much
but I finally have been able to use the trap settings, sheesh

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on June 10, 2010, 11:17:29 AM
Quote from: gnubler on June 10, 2010, 11:08:49 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on June 10, 2010, 11:07:24 AMDepending on the workflow it may throw out any trap settings you applied. I know my prinergy is set to throw out any existing trap settings.

Great. Well at least I C'dMA just in case. If they trap it, fine.

The only thing is...if your RIP doesn't throw out the existing trap it might trap a trapped file and that's not good either. Doesn't your RIP have the ability to view the ripped and trapped files on the screen?

It's being sent out to be ripped, it's a film job...I don't know why. Maybe I'll get a phonecall from whoever's outputting the film.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

So you are sending a PDF to a service bureau? I would think they would trap it in their rip.

gnubler

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 10, 2010, 11:23:18 AMMy dossier on you stopped the moment you left.

I probably wouldn't have left if you weren't so involved in building my dossier in the first place.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

There was never any dossier. I had your address from all the shit I mailed you. GoogleEarth later, you're paranoid. I would never expect that from you. Lesson learned.
Member #285 - Civilian

determined

Quote from: Tracy on June 10, 2010, 11:19:52 AM
Quote from: determined on June 10, 2010, 11:04:04 AMwe always set all our foils to overprint....
what if you have a foil close to but not on top of printing?

depends how close...if I had to knock out behind the foil for any reason, I would trap around the edges...(as large a trap as I could safely do)
Murphy must have been in printing....

gnubler

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 10, 2010, 12:18:52 PMThere was never any dossier. I had your address from all the shit I mailed you. GoogleEarth later, you're paranoid. I would never expect that from you. Lesson learned.

Breaking confidentiality broke the brotherhood. Tin foil is applied, life goes on.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Hmmm, I never broke anything. What did you break?
Member #285 - Civilian