Manually setting trap for PDF output

Started by gnubler, June 10, 2010, 10:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

What are you people talking about and what does it have to do with trap?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

G_Town

Quote from: determined on June 10, 2010, 12:22:20 PM
Quote from: Tracy on June 10, 2010, 11:19:52 AM
Quote from: determined on June 10, 2010, 11:04:04 AMwe always set all our foils to overprint....
what if you have a foil close to but not on top of printing?

depends how close...if I had to knock out behind the foil for any reason, I would trap around the edges...(as large a trap as I could safely do)

I would split the difference between the KO and the edge of the stamp.

DigitalCrapShoveler

It's called OFF TOPIC. It happens in every single thread.
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

Don't you get short with me, Mr. Frodo.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

gnubler

I'm pretty sure DCS is taller than the so-called Wookie.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Well, at least you don't weigh as much as a dump truck.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

determined

Quote from: G_Town on June 10, 2010, 01:45:51 PM
Quote from: determined on June 10, 2010, 12:22:20 PM
Quote from: Tracy on June 10, 2010, 11:19:52 AM
Quote from: determined on June 10, 2010, 11:04:04 AMwe always set all our foils to overprint....
what if you have a foil close to but not on top of printing?

depends how close...if I had to knock out behind the foil for any reason, I would trap around the edges...(as large a trap as I could safely do)

I would split the difference between the KO and the edge of the stamp.

yeah, what he said
Murphy must have been in printing....

Ear

Quote from: gnubler on June 10, 2010, 02:11:02 PMWell, at least you don't weigh as much as a dump truck.

I do.  :grin:

G_Town

beermonster

ya know - i'm dammmm sure there's a way of getting a composite trapped pdf outta indy - and illy for that matter

juss gotta remember how - the demon fosters took away the last remaining brain cells in the pub 2 days ago - this time it wasn't jezzas fault :laugh:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

beermonster

here it is!

it does use distiller so it could be risky in some cases perhaps - transparency and spot colours etc

http://indesignsecrets.com/indesigns-trapping-in-a-composite-pdf.php

i think the same method works with illy too :smiley:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world