News:

Main Menu

CTP speed

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, May 04, 2016, 08:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

We're currently running a SCREEN CTP unit that makes about 12 plates per hour.

Seems like we are going to jobs that will require a very high volume of plates and it would be great to get a platesetter that spits them out faster.

I'm wondering what kind of plates per hour others are getting.

:drunk3:  

mwc

22/23 on Screen 8600z

born2print

Automated Magnus does about 15+

(Approximate average, mix of Ryobi, 29" and 40" and 20')
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

andyfest

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on May 04, 2016, 08:49:06 AMWe're currently running a SCREEN CTP unit that makes about 12 plates per hour.

Seems like we are going to jobs that will require a very high volume of plates and it would be great to get a platesetter that spits them out faster.

I'm wondering what kind of plates per hour others are getting.

We are using a 12 year old Screen 8600 (rebadged as a Fuji T9000). We're getting about 20 - 29 inch plates per hour and about 15 - 40 inch plates per hour out of the platesetter. I hear the new ones are much faster.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Ear

Similar here. Screen 8600/Fuji T-9000. Running mostly 24x38 inch plates at 2400dpi, Negative...

18pph with P-Load off
24pph with P-Load on
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

pspdfppdfxhd

Well 24 is 2 times faster than 12. (yeah, I'm a genious).

I saw a fuji unit that claimed 50 per hour. Must be expensive though.

Ear

Sounds like you are running an 8000? I had one of those and it was a tank but yeah, only 12pph.

I run 100+ plates per day and can keep up just fine around the 20pph mark. Especially with auto-load... people miss seconds and minutes here and there, when loading, and it adds up at the end of day. Full auto, even at 18pph keeps me well ahead of 2 big webs and 2 sheetfeds, so long as I keep it stacked with work.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

pspdfppdfxhd

Its 5 minutes a plate, that's the fastest it will go. (5 x 12 = 60 minutes = 1 hour) (yes, I am a genious).

born2print

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on May 04, 2016, 01:08:25 PMIts 5 minutes a plate, that's the fastest it will go. (5 x 12 = 60 minutes = 1 hour) (yes, I be a genious).

fixed.

Ear

Okay, but how long does it take to image a 20' plate? The world may never know...

andyfest

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on May 04, 2016, 12:21:04 PMWell 24 is 2 times faster than 12. (yeah, I'm a genious).

I saw a fuji unit that claimed 50 per hour. Must be expensive though.

Our Fuji account manager says the new ones are actually cheaper than the old originals. I think we paid close to CDN$300K 12 years ago, but we were Fuji's first Canadian install of a thermal unit. I believe he said the new units are around CDN$200K now.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Ear

We got ours refurbed from a dealer. Was significantly less $$$ and came with the 5-tray cassette, loader and stacker as a bundle.

born2print

Quote from: born2print on May 04, 2016, 09:47:47 AMAutomated Magnus does about 15+

no one noticed  :'(

Ear

:hello:  ... was pretty fuckin' sneaky. I still had to read it thrice.

Joe

Quote from: born2print on May 04, 2016, 02:15:44 PM
Quote from: born2print on May 04, 2016, 09:47:47 AMAutomated Magnus does about 15+

no one noticed  :'(

If you would have put it in 4 color black I would have noticed. I don't miss that shit!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.