Win 2003_HP box... grey screen of... slumber?

Started by frailer, May 15, 2016, 06:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Monday morn here... Was outputting plates. XMF output window not reflecting what's coming out.... got a full set but shows a download on Y and a waiting-in-queue on K. This occurs occasionally. OK, after restarting XMF Client, (no luck), I did the 'proper' thing in the hierarchy of resets... I.e. close:
-Client
-XMF server
-shut down Luxel.

Restarted in reverse order. Client still outa whack on that output, so nothing's been wiped/reset.

next (normal) escalation is to do a restart on the HP box. This would normally re-align all stars. But it's frozen on a grey screen, with still responsive mouse cursor, (but nothing else).

I think this has happened as it's tried to shut down, not on any restart.

Awaiting call-back from Fujifilm guy fr interstate, (Sydney guy's off sick).

Thought I'd fly the kite here while I'm waiting... shitty time difference though...

:hello:

... my guess is a hot-button off, but am loathe to do it until I talk to a Fujifilm guy.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Spoke with parent company's IT mob. Have buttoned off, left for 5 mins, powered back on.

So far so good. Re-rendering whole of job which had some accumulated errors in it, which seemed to be a bit 'sticky'.

Am not asking this version of XMF to multi-task from here on, until it's replaced, hopefully within next few months, (in my advanced years, I still believe in fairy tales).

TG we are pretty quiet this week. Look on the bright side, as this has taken up about 2 hours this morn.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

'Normal' output has recommenced... for now.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Is that the Brit show? :laugh:

I like the one where they leave a recording on their phone to reboot. :laugh:

Diddler

Quote from: Tracy on May 16, 2016, 10:10:18 AMIs that the Brit show? :laugh:

I like the one where they leave a recording on their phone to reboot. :laugh:
The IT Crowd is one of the funniest series that I have watched. I think I have every character in our organisation. 
Definitely worth a download if you have never watched it.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on May 16, 2016, 10:10:18 AMIs that the Brit show? :laugh:

I like the one where they leave a recording on their phone to reboot. :laugh:
As Diddler says, Trace... required watching.
Best of Roy.  http://bit.ly/1VZpT1S

frailer

Quote from: Joe on May 15, 2016, 10:18:58 PMhot-button off is my standard go to move.
We have resumed 'normal' programming.

Farabomb

I think it was Frailer that turned me on to the IT crowd. Definitely worth a watch.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job