Chicago Diddie Web outfit looking for....

Started by Duffy, May 09, 2017, 09:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

At least they make the PDFs.
We keep a PC running with Pub mainly just to handle this one job a year that comes in native Pooplicker.
We have to make the pdf then assemble in Indy to add picked-up assets (I guess they don't know how or want to manage their own logos, photos, mailing panel, etc...)
The sales rep kept telling us for years that they got Indy and "this will be the last Poop doc"
I guess they wasted their money on Indy as it still comes as Crapflicker. When it comes in, the sales rep just avoids eye contact now.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Farabomb

"We've been doing it this way for 45 years and it works, why change?"
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Because old and reliable is better than new and improved and buggy? Don't hit me. :old:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Remember, I have a 10+ year old car. I have no issue with old and reliable but I don't turn a blind eye to new technology or ideas.

I also NEVER will buy a first year car so I'm kinda in the middle. I'll use what works while testing out new things to see if they are viable.

Don't worry, the worst I will do is knock you on the head with my cane.  :git off mah lawn:

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

My car's almost that old. No power windows or door locks, a real key, and no friggin' computer screen. I don't want one of those - anything goes wonky with it, it'll take major bucks to fix/replace.

Farabomb

I recommend the next one to have power windows and heated seats but that's about it. My Computer screen in my phone in a mount by the A pillar, not the middle of the damn windshield like I see on a lot of cars. How do they not get pulled over al the time?

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I have a holder for my phone that clamps into the cd slot that I rarely ever use. Hands free calling/texting is nice. Unless it is work calling.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

My car is 18 years old - 2000 Toyota RAV4. AC no longer works (really sucks during our hot and humid summers in Maryland), but everything else is fully functional (knock on wood!) Currently has over 228k miles and the goal is 300k. Wife's car is a 2004, so 14 years old.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

David

mine's a 2004 with heated seats, power windows and air... my phone goes in the cupholder, I'm old school.   :old:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

AaronH

Yeah mine's an '05 Mazda3 SP23. Only thing it doesn't have is a nav screen. Its the last car my wife and I will ever have a payment on. I'm thinking I'll sell it when we're done paying it off and buy a 70's Ford Falcon and turn it into a V8 Interceptor :D

My wife's is an '02 VW Jetta 1.8t with all the bells and whistles. No nav screen though, I don't know how anyone can drive with one of those. they're so distracting.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Farabomb

None of my cars have AC and yes it does suck on the really hot days. Phone goes in a RAM X-mount. Yes there are cheaper mounts out there but the X-mount works on all phones and it's a very, very solid piece. I even use it on the track for data and timing, just make sure you have the extra rubber strap on it or you'll be retrieving your phone from trackside during a break. Hasn't happened to me but my friend was unlucky.

I use Waze for GPS and I highly suggest it to anyone driving. It has realtime info like accidents, traffic and most important cops. It's saved me from more than one ticket. I drive fast but if I see a speed trap coming I cut speed to around 10 over and so far, so good. People not running waze blow past me and on more than one occasion I've seen them pay the price sitting on the side of the road. The center stack nav screens drive me batty. It's hard to drive while looking at the center console. I just have to glance down to the left with my phone setup. Waze also does speed and will tell you the limit for the area. It's not always 100% correct but it helps.

Dan, I easily see the Toyota making it to 300K. Just keep up on the general maintenance.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

andyfest

My last two vehicles have had bluetooth pairing with my phone, so I'm hands-free. My new truck has Nav, but I'll probably never/rarely use it. I've been around so long that I know where I'm going most of the time, if it's Ontario, Quebec ....or I75 to Florida. I find the screen distracting too.
:gom:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Duffy

Publisher PDF files are generated by Acrobat we send them and install our own settings , then run through PitStop Server and into 4 Apogee RIPS - pretty smooth.
Until they forget to print a pdf and try to export one from Publisher.....
Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

Possum

Printplanet.com has a place where you can post this opening also, if that will help.