News:

Main Menu

Normalize PDF output

Started by Farabomb, June 06, 2017, 09:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

It's a pretty simple question and I used to know the answer.

I have my output set to keep the files together and not output single pages. Where do I change this? I happen to need to break apart a file because the client is a mess and having single pages would help.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on June 06, 2017, 09:22:37 AMIt's a pretty simple question and I used to know the answer.

I have my output set to keep the files together and not output single pages. Where do I change this? I happen to need to break apart a file because the client is a mess and having single pages would help.

EVO can do that? I ask because CONNECT cannot.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

And found it...

Normalize tab, page splitting.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

Wait, connect will not normalize and export single pages? When this was installed and I told them I didn't want single pages they looked at me like I was insane. They told me that that's not how Kodak does it but that's how I've been doing it since the install.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DCurry

You can also just drag the refined pages out of the Pages section to your desktop.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on June 06, 2017, 09:37:24 AMWait, connect will not normalize and export single pages? When this was installed and I told them I didn't want single pages they looked at me like I was insane. They told me that that's not how Kodak does it but that's how I've been doing it since the install.

No, CONNECT will only create single pages after normalizing. It will NOT create a multipage PDF after normalizing. Well it will if you manually publish a PDF of the normalized files but there is nowhere in the normalizer that will allow it to output a multipage pdf.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Hmm, interesting. I am running EVO and it's quite an old version so maybe they removed the option. Since in EVO I have to manually go into preps like olden days and populate it myself. It doesn't have an integrated imposition feature. Well, I was told there is some way to set up a workflow that will pick a impo and populate it but in my testing, it's never worked the way we needed it to.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job