xx

xx

poll

Topic: PPML (Read 172 times) previous topic - next topic

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
PPML
Is there a way to export a variable data mail merge InDesign document to a PPML, without a 3rd party plugin like FusionPro? Has anyone used PDF/VT? We are looking at taking on a rather large variable project that pulls images from URLs, but the current file sizes are unmanageable and looking at ways to chew through the data faster,
Peon/Cog

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria."
― Benjamin Franklin

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Re: PPML
Reply #1
OK... better question. How do you guys send your variable image so that CWS doesn't choke?
Peon/Cog

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria."
― Benjamin Franklin

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Re: PPML
Reply #2
OK... better question. How do you guys send your variable image so that CWS doesn't choke?

Last one I sent was the one that choked CWS for about 5 hours. Hence why I was asking about using VDP from within CWS...which I haven't been able to get back to yet.

Read t-pat's info in that thread about PDF/VT and look at the link he supplied in there.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.