News:

Main Menu

Heidelberg prosetter 74

Started by grabala, November 23, 2011, 02:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grabala

Hi, I am using meta dimension 6.2 on a prosetter 74. The strangest thing. Two days ago it starts producing negative plates. The test plates come out okay. Our main design software is CS5.
Anyone out there with an idea of what could have gone wrong?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Not familiar with that model, but it sounds like a setting got whacked on the unit. Can you tell us what you have discovered, as in, what you have checked and not checked? You're being kind of vague and it most likely has nothing to do with locally ran software.
Member #285 - Civilian

grabala

Sorry about the scanty info. Basically it is a CTP unit that uses Violet plates under yellow light. We were getting on well but after the weekend, something changed. when we send a job, it comes out as a negative on the plate. We have sent test plates but these come out fine. The Rip is meta dimension 6.2

Ear

Agreed. 99% sure it has nothing to do with InDesign. What was the origination of the test plate? My first guess would be the output monitor device setting. There is usually a pos/neg button. Next guess would be the workflow. Start at the platesetter and work upstream with the design app being the last suspect.

Not familiar with that rip, specifically. Are you sending 1-bit tiffs to an output monitor, such as Raster Blaster after being imposed and ripped?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Tracy

do you have another plate size/setting you can test?
maybe just the one got switched
prolly check for a neg/pos setting like ear said

grabala

We do SM 52 plates as well. I am in the operations department and trying to help out the graphics department guys as this has really baffled us all. We looked at the print option tab and it appears disabled.
Could a virus have caused this?

Ear

Doubt it's a virus either. This is a setting that was most likely accidentally changed. Have they tried shutting down and restarting the server that feeds the platesetter?

Still not enough specific information on how the plate images are being sent to the device. My first instinct is to look at the output monitor in Device Settings. Most output monitors have a Harlequin style interface and have the plate images loaded, where they go from an active queue to a completed queue. If you see an interface like this, check the Device Settings. This is where you will find the positive/negative.

Another question... how do your proofs look? Do you make proofs to an inkjet for approval? Again, you established the test plate, keep working backwards until you find something.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

grabala

Hi, I have seen the output monitor tab. It is disabled and hence we can not change the negative/positive option. What I can't understand is why the tab is disabled. Strange but I do not have a proofed yet, I acquired the CTP about 3 months back.

Joe

Have you checked the settings in meta dimension? Most workflows allow you to create either negative or positive files to send to the CTP. Is it possible someone has changed something accidentally?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

grabala

Hi,
Checked for the tab that would allow for negative/positive. It is disabled . I am thinking of formatting and re installing the RIP. big challenge is there are no reliable engineers locally . Any company that can sort us out through Skype of team viewer ?

Ear

The output monitor should have another place to mess with the neg/pos thing. The disable box should be checked if you are not running plates. In order to access the setting, you will need to open the device configuration in the output monitor.

borreskater

Quote from: grabala on November 23, 2011, 02:26:32 PMHi, I am using meta dimension 6.2 on a prosetter 74. The strangest thing. Two days ago it starts producing negative plates. The test plates come out okay. Our main design software is CS5.
Anyone out there with an idea of what could have gone wrong?

you should to fix the problem in the GUI, you need to change de configuration of the plate, negative to positive.