Explaining file types to Sales people

Started by Grimace, March 08, 2013, 11:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Actually, if you're into history and abandoned building and such it's great. They still have padded rooms that are no longer in use. It was a "home for wayward women" at one time. Back when they thought a orgasm was a horrible thing. If you had a "troubled" daughter, drop her off there and they would take her in. Might be part of the reason they want to close it. Seems it's really bad to look at history to see the mistakes that were made so we don't repeat them. Like closing centers for the mentally disabled and sending the ones you can't finding housing for out into the populace so they are no longer your problem.

Oh, wait...

I plan on taking a lot of photos before it's closed and knocked down for either a golf course or condos. Because we need more of them around here.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Is Jessica Lange there? Sounds like American Horror Story
All around me are familiar faces
Worn-out places, worn-out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Slappy

Great fuckin' show!!! I still have 3-4 episodes to watch from the last season, but she just keep better & better in every version they do.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

t-pat

Quote from: Slappy on March 12, 2013, 04:14:32 PMGreat fuckin' show!!! I still have 3-4 episodes to watch from the last season, but she just keep better & better in every version they do.

I still don't get where there are aliens, must've not been paying enough attention.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DigitalCrapShoveler

The first season was good about 3/4 way through, and then jumped the shark. Second season was vastly superior, but then kinda got lame at the end. The aliens are what I am referring to. Why? It just didn't fit.

Jessica Lange is definitely the best part of the show, although I did like James Cromwell quite a bit.
Member #285 - Civilian

t-pat

I'm guessing he's the one with the play room in his basement?
vdp donkey

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Slappy

That's Zachary Quinto, same guy who was in Heroes before it went to hell too. I just got to the Christmas episode. Motherfuckin' Al Swearengen!!! I'll forgive a weird alien plot angle to see him do - anything.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Slappy on March 12, 2013, 08:38:39 PMThat's Zachary Quinto, same guy who was in Heroes before it went to hell too. I just got to the Christmas episode. Motherfuckin' Al Swearengen!!! I'll forgive a weird alien plot angle to see him do - anything.

Oh yeah, forgot about Quinto, he does have the playroom in the basement. Cromwell has the playroom in the Asylum hospital. Agreed, Al Swearengen was a great little addition to the show. Still hated the whole alien thing.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Quit it, we just finished watching the first season. The woman loved it, I really liked it but it did seem to have a lull somewhere. I did like how they pulled off the last episode.

Seeing where she works she's really interested in the second season. She was told by people she works with that it wasn't as good as the first season but I trust the opinion of the people here more than them. You guys have a mindset that's closer to ours than the people she works with.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on March 12, 2013, 08:48:27 PM
Quote from: Slappy on March 12, 2013, 08:38:39 PMThat's Zachary Quinto, same guy who was in Heroes before it went to hell too. I just got to the Christmas episode. Motherfuckin' Al Swearengen!!! I'll forgive a weird alien plot angle to see him do - anything.

Oh yeah, forgot about Quinto, he does have the playroom in the basement. Cromwell has the playroom in the Asylum hospital. Agreed, Al Swearengen was a great little addition to the show. Still hated the whole alien thing.

It was all worth it to see swinjen go full on batshit face-eating crazy. What a riot!
vdp donkey

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Farabomb on March 13, 2013, 07:40:54 AMQuit it, we just finished watching the first season. The woman loved it, I really liked it but it did seem to have a lull somewhere. I did like how they pulled off the last episode.

Seeing where she works she's really interested in the second season. She was told by people she works with that it wasn't as good as the first season but I trust the opinion of the people here more than them. You guys have a mindset that's closer to ours than the people she works with.

You learn about the aliens pretty early on in the season, episode 1, if I remember right. I don't think we have spoiled anything for you, but if I did, I apologize.
Member #285 - Civilian

t-pat

I watched the whole season and don't remember any aliens, so that tells you how critical they are to the plot.
vdp donkey