News:

Main Menu

Invitations...

Started by Foozball, July 17, 2009, 11:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foozball

DCS or anyone else - in your "archives" of heroturko do you have any OLD Wedding Invites? Either copies of them or templates?

(I get the BEST ideas when I'm changing chemistry!) :shocked: :tongue: :angel: :huh: :grin: :laugh: :rolleyes:

Next year is the In-Laws 40th wedding anniversary, and myself and my wife are planning to throw them a decent party! Actually my mother-in-law said it's a MUST, their original wedding day was rushed and they've always had something else to spend their money on. (Ironically, my wife and myself were both bi-products of shotgun weddings!)
So I'm going to "remake" their Formal Wedding Invites, as if they had them back then. And tell everyone their original got "lost in transit - Return to Sender"
A nice heavy stock for the invites, a slight weathered effect on the envelopes (vector vintage paper), and I'm even going to put the 1969 stamp on front with post mark and RTS stamping!

It's going to be my "September project" - but I thought I would ask about it now. :grin:

DigitalCrapShoveler

No, I sure do not. I try to discourage weddings at all cost. By keeping a supply of Invites, I would be encouraging the unholy unions that I so fight against. Sorry pal.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

DCS, the breakdown of the traditional family and unmarried heathens procreating is the root cause of the doom facing the human race.

But you're right, weddings do suck. I'm lucky that I've still never been to one and hope I never will.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

DCS, the breakdown of the traditional family and unmarried heathens procreating is the root cause of the doom facing the human race.

But you're right, weddings do suck. I'm lucky that I've still never been to one and hope I never will.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Feel that strongly about it do you? :laugh:

I could take it a step further and say, parents should EARN the right to be parents, not just pump them out for me the tax payer to accommodate. It's hard as shit to raise kids, and to let just anyone have them is absurd. If two people are going to procreate, they should have to take a test to see if they are mentally and physically prepared for child rearing. If not, sterilize the motherfuckers.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

G_Town

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 17, 2009, 12:31:25 PMFeel that strongly about it do you? :laugh:

I could take it a step further and say, parents should EARN the right to be parents, not just pump them out for me the tax payer to accommodate. It's hard as shit to raise kids, and to let just anyone have them is absurd. If two people are going to procreate, they should have to take a test to see if they are mentally and physically prepared for child rearing. If not, sterilize the motherfuckers.

Dude get yer own rant :angry:

Foozball

Wow, what G_Town said! :laugh:
I DID mention they have been married for 40 years now? That's 2081.5 weeks. Not to mention that they are actually HAPPY! (At times, I struggle to understand it too!) :huh:

(It's not a REAL wedding invite, just a remake for a tongue in cheek kind of joke!)

For DCS and Gnubler:
:tongue:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Foozball

Hey, I was looking up something to reply, but now I NEED this t-shirt! :offtopic:

gnubler

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 17, 2009, 01:20:12 PM

DCS, I thought we discussed keeping our love notes to each other private??? I'm crushed.

DigitalCrapShoveler

You know I pay no attention to others when you are on the scene. Ignore everyone else and this message IS just for you! :kiss:X A Google.
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

My thoughts? (Bear in mind I've had my head in a processor, too... :rolleyes: ). Knock one up yourself...oops, badly chosen words, in this case.   :embarrassed:

Plenty of images out there, and you have the tools...Was it the 60s?   But don't forget to leave the vintage weaponry from Brno off the front!   :laugh:

Hell, you could impose it in Dynastrip...   :laugh:    :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Ear

Quote from: Foozball on July 17, 2009, 01:28:27 PMHey, I was looking up something to reply, but now I NEED this t-shirt! :offtopic:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hey Fooz, they were made for each other.

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

I'm getting divorced. Maybe someone can help with some invitation ideas for my dissolution party? I'm thinking toward the theme of "Free at last!"