Need to set priority to "Urgent" in order for plates to actually start running

Started by t-pat, September 06, 2013, 02:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

New development here, everyone claims they didn't change any settings. Plate jobs will sit in the Evo queue unless they're set to Urgent. How lame.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

David

that way only the really really really urgent hot jobs can get plated...  Brilliant!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

t-pat

Quote from: david on September 06, 2013, 03:15:28 PMthat way only the really really really urgent hot jobs can get plated...  Brilliant!

yeah sort of like how jobs marked "rush" go first, but they're all marked rush.
vdp donkey

gnubler

Sounds like they all cancel themselves out, so just do nothing.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on September 06, 2013, 04:24:42 PMSounds like they all cancel themselves out, so just do nothing.  :laugh:

no, the priority is then set by who last came in here squawking that they need their garbage. Once a new person comes in, we stop working on the last idiot's shit and start on the new shit. That way nothing gets done but we work extra hard doing it.
vdp donkey

t-pat

vdp donkey

gnubler

Quote from: t-pat on September 06, 2013, 04:48:56 PMOnce a new person comes in, we stop working on the last idiot's shit and start on the new shit. That way nothing gets done but we work extra hard doing it.

Wait, what? That's why I walked out today. Can't take it anymore.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Fontaholic

Quote from: Joe on September 06, 2013, 05:01:27 PM
Quote from: t-pat on September 06, 2013, 04:49:50 PMoh wait, this is public right? Oh well.

Would you like it moved to The Bar?

What is "The Bar" you speak of?

Is it where Digicorn and others consume the beers they're always discussing??  ;)

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on September 09, 2013, 08:43:51 AMHe hasn't posted in there? I thought he was our newest "regular".

He has access now so he'll probably be busy reading for a few months.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Even busier if his IT guy takes dumps of his screen every 10 minutes and gets nothing but beer shots and girls stuck in the mud.

t-pat

vdp donkey

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on September 06, 2013, 05:00:47 PM
Quote from: t-pat on September 06, 2013, 04:48:56 PMOnce a new person comes in, we stop working on the last idiot's shit and start on the new shit. That way nothing gets done but we work extra hard doing it.

Wait, what? That's why I walked out today. Can't take it anymore.

I don't see why you'd have a problem with doing things this way.
vdp donkey